Haydock 3.05

Colin Phillips

At the Start
I find these valuable handicaps for 3-y-os at this time of the year, impossible but fascinating.

There are are five in the race that I have made a note of recently but I am quite prepared that none of those five will be good enough to win this.

Which one is the 'Group horse' in disguise?

I've done Endless Luck ew, not badly drawn and might fancy the going, although it's probably firmer than any of the runners has encountered so far in their careers.

I got a good ew bet on Staying On last night and am happy to take the deduction now that Virtual is a n/r since I rated that as the main danger. Will lay the favourite as lto was not as impressive as first appears, which comment also applies of course to Flawed Genius.

Thinking on it I should lay both the last two mentioned.

Duntulm is the class horse in the race,even if virtual had run, candy's horse would
have chewed him up and spat him out.this horse and corrybrough are going places. :D

Well was there a Group horse lurking in there.

The five I had made a note of managed first and third but the other three were well out the back.

Staying On had won at Windsor on his previous outing, when, to my eye, he still had room for improvement, but I didn't think the bare form would have been good enough for this competitive event.

Jaser is a great-looker and I feel he will always show his best form on ground softer than he had here.

If there was a Group horse in the race then I suppose it has to be Flawed Genius, who might well have won the race with a clear run.

Back