(15) Reverence David Allan
(2) Us Ranger (USA) Jamie Spencer
(9) Utmost Respect Paul Hanagan
(10) Wi Dud (Blinkers) N. Callan
(3) Corrybrough Dane O'Neill
(13) Equiano (FR) O. Peslier
(12) Strike The Deal (USA) (Visor) Shane Kelly
(5)African Rose S. Pasquier

I made a rule with myself that I know longer will punt in sprints. Looks a nightmare race to get involved in.

I'm not a big fan of his race tactics (tactic) but he does get horses running for him. Not running faster when requested can be a problem with US Ranger.

Last edited:
I just don't think US Ranger is good enough to win a Group 1 sprint, he has had so many chances now.

I agree with Euro, its a nightmare race to get involved in. Corrybrough is interesting and hugely talented but he's too short given what he's achieved thus far. Reverence will love the mud too. I'd have backed Ancien Regime had he been declared.

Very true, I think he's a better sprinter myself but the booking of Richard Hughes hardly fills me with confidence.

At least there'll be no worries about Ballydoyle pacemaking with Hughes and Spencer on board.

The more I look at it the more I'm coming round to Wi Dud at 50/1. This years sprints have shown that you don't necessarily have to be a household name knocking on the door in group ones all the time to win one. I can make a case for and against all the market fancies and I wouldn't want to back any of them heavily.

Wi Dud's run behind Look Busy on Sunday at the Curragh was very decent and the race was run in an insanely fast time on soft ground. Given that he'll get his favoured soft ground combined with the step upto 6 furlongs (which I think suits him better nowadays) makes 50/1 look massive and I wouldn't be surprised to see him involved in the finish on Saturday.

Not running faster when requested can be a problem with US Ranger.

I think you'll find that's a fairly common problem for slow horses, Mel. :p

It'll be very interesting to see what the ground is like at Haydock. I've read trainers have concerns that the ground may be "dead" after being covered for so long, but if it wasn't, I suppose the meeting wouldn't be on at all.

Heavy Ground, 6f (will need to stay 7f), totally genuine type. I can't get away from Al Qasi. If PC-H could just have a winner or two I would be massively increased in confidence.

Heavy Ground, 6f (will need to stay 7f), totally genuine type. I can't get away from Al Qasi. If PC-H could just have a winner or two I would be massively increased in confidence.

You've seriously got to give up on these Chapple Hyam horses Chris ~ how many times do we need to hear how they are working the house down only to see them flop on the track?

At least there'll be no worries about Ballydoyle pacemaking with Hughes and Spencer on board.

LOL, that's Quip of the Week imo

I'll be backing Reverence if it keeps raining like this

Does anyone have any clue why PCH's horses have done so badly this season? Staff problems" - I mean why can a guy have such success one year and such an abysmal downturn another, esp as he still has several of the same top horses. It's mystifying to me... Has he changed his regime, his feeding or what?

Back