Horror of my non-bet at Wm Hill

dilysb

At the Start
I'm on a hot streak at the moment so toddled into my local Hove branch to make some selections. For the first at Newmarket, I chose Heliodor for a place but was told he was a N/R. He's just come third at 40/1! Presumably I have no redress.

Happy outcome! I was so enraged that I stomped back to the bookies where the cashier had realised his mistake and kept my slip, so I got paid out. And I had the fourth!

Well done, dilysb. Not the same for me with my Billy Hills when the cashier lost my winning 25/1 shot some years back. I went back to claim my prize with all my slips, but they simply said I could've written it out at home, and that they 'couldn't find it'. You'll enjoy spending that even more now!

Well done, dilysb. Not the same for me with my Billy Hills when the cashier lost my winning 25/1 shot some years back. I went back to claim my prize with all my slips, but they simply said I could've written it out at home, and that they 'couldn't find it'. You'll enjoy spending that even more now!

Presumably they said that because it had no till stamp on it (otherwise even if it had gone missing, there would still be a record that a bet had been placed). Sounds like your cashier didn't ring your bet up and pocketed the stake. Naughty naughty.

In fairness to Wm Hill, some while ago I left my winning betting slip on the counter. When I went back the next day, more in hope than expectation, they had kept my slip for me and handed over my winnings.

Back