Horse To Note

Guest_

At the Start
Just chatting with Suny Bay earlier and he pointed out a performance to note at Naas last night. Jim Bolger introduced a Galileo filly called Cuis Ghaire. She produced a very likeable performance to land a 6 furlong maiden on fast ground in May.

Jim Bolger might be a bit cracked but he seems to be able to get plenty of pace out of these Galileo horses and this one could be pretty smart when you consider she can only get better with time and distance.

Very nice prospect alright. Weld filly looks a decent filly in her own right (especially after Blas Ceoil's win last night) so to beat her first time up over 6 furlongs was no mean feat.

Blas Ceoil will be tough to beat in the Swordlestown Sprint next month IMO. I was also impressed by Grand Central in the 1m2f maiden. They went no pace at all but I wouldn't hold that against him. Nice prospect as well.

Heart Shaped gave the Cuis Ghaire form a nice boost today in the Marble Hill (though she's probably come on a bundle).

Central Station runs tommorrow in the Gallinule.

I will put forward today's two year old maiden as a race to follow as well.

Winner is a useful type while the second and third ran with tremendous promise.

Arazan is one to keep on the right side of later in the season over 7f or further. Surprised to see him out this early, as there don't seem to be many suitable targets until about July onwards. Very well regarded as well.

Arazan is def. one to follow. He was in the pre-paradering at the Curragh at weekend, when NR, and is an absolutely impressive individual. Smooth and professional display yesterday against experienced rival.

Back