How are you all doing?

EC1

On a break
re Cheltenham betting?

i'm doing disastrously...good job Jack Daniels are still producing

not had a winner at Cheltenham..unheard of for me by this point

Last edited:
did great on wednesday with big wins on faugheen & balthazar king and a decent result on sire de grugy.

tuesday and to a lesser extent today weren't so good.

good stuff

i just lost all heart with it after the CH..was big bet for me in that and none of it seems pull backable..just emptied me out tbh..not just the betting..the visual incident..horrific

i've never had an incident like that effect me in such a way tbh...could have just packed in with the jumps altogether there and then tbh...can't get that image out of my head even now..upsetting

Last edited:
About level. The free bets I've accumulated via VC from their NRFB concession have been invaluable.

Jezki my only proper winner though.

I was breaking even going into today (despite the heavy losses on OC) and had a very good day - almost a brilliant one.

Regardless of what happens tomorrow, I'll end the week well in profit.

Last edited:
Fantastic. You will wish you hadn't asked

Present view at 9s
Balthazar at 5s
Sdg 100/30
Tarquin at 9
Fingal at 6

Out of 10 or 12 bets that alright

A few close seconds too. Smad place

Worst moment is talking myself out of whisper. So often a great race for me. Don't usually dwell on these things but that was a strange reversal of choice. I was convinced by his flos las form

Last edited:
re Cheltenham betting?

i'm doing disastrously...good job Jack Daniels are still producing

not had a winner at Cheltenham..unheard of for me by this point

Couple of years back I went whole festival and about 16 bets with fck all to show for it

Last edited:
Silver concorde ew yesterday got me out of a hole following a bad tuesday
2 winners today Fingal Bay 5s and local horse Spring heeled 12s
10pts ahead so not so bad

I had an OK Tuesday a bad day yesterday when only had Sire de Grugy and had the first two winners today but then added three more second place bets to the six from the first two days .

Nine seconds in three days unbelievable !

Also persuaded myself out of More of That very annoying.

Was getting an incredible hammering up to the bumper yesterday -went chasing in a big way place laid the Hobbs horse in bumper at Huntingdon -slow as tar unplaced-laid profits on fav in maiden at Kempton -chinned.Committed entire Betfair balance to place laying Big Bucks at sub 1.8 thought it was an easy trade -got caught out badly an had to sit and suffer ended up being a screaming result.Also had a few quid on Dynaste.Despite all that I am still slightly behind.Its been emotional.

Last edited:
First two days were excellent punting wise
Vautour, CF in the place market and corals 4/1 on quevega on tues were great
Faugheen, Bayan each way and SDG yesterday were important aswel
Today not so good but was back at work so didn't really put as much thought into the bets as I could have.
Even with another round of losers tomorrow will still be marginally up on the four days
which will do me just fine

Slightly up so far but below par compared to recent years.

There's always tomorrow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tues Quevega
Weds O,Faolins Boy Balthazar King & Somersby E/w
Today Taquin Du Seuil & Spring Heeled

So up now hoping for a good last day :)

I've adjusted my strategy this year which has worked a treat. Strictly one bet per race and win only. I also bet strongly in the grade 1's with small stakes in the handicaps. I find the handicaps impossible and should probably not bother at all.

Vatour, Faugheen and Silver Concorde have me 16pts up this week so far. Drew a total blank today though. Probably should have gone e/w with Somersby but Bayan and AFC are my only others that have made the frame. I think it will work out that sticking to win only is the better option.

Not bad - about £100 up on around £700 staked.

1 winner Tuesday, 3 yesterday, not a sniff today...

All to play for tomorrow when I'll be in attendance (having been at work all week thus far).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How Briar Hill gets on will be the difference between ok and very good. I have him in doubles and trebles with Vautour and Faugheen.

Back the next 2 e/w!

I hope you win but he is now one of the worst priced horses I have seen at the Festival (wouldn't mind being on at 9/2 from last week though!)

Last edited:
Either you keep clear of the handicaps or you stumble into a couple of winners...that's generally how I keep ahead at the festival. I have managed neither....

Le Rocher was a gut wrencher for me not even getting a run. Never getting stuck into one again without the NRNB concession. I think I might have said the same last year....:o

My life changing multiples have again somehow let me down...:rolleyes:

Back the next 2 e/w!

I hope you win but he is now one of the worst priced horses I have seen at the Festival (wouldn't mind being on at 9/2 from last week though!)

I remember the gamble on So Young being similar.

Le Rocher was a gut wrencher for me not even getting a run. Never getting stuck into one again without the NRNB concession. I think I might have said the same last year....:o

Didn't have a big position myself but it's been a tough week for his trainer and he might have erred taking Fox Norton out prematurely.

I'm on Briar Hill at 5s so things should go well into the green tomorrow. King's Palace is obvious cover.

Last edited:
Didn't have a big position myself but it's been a tough week for his trainer and he might have erred taking Fox Norton out prematurely.

I'm on Briar Hill at 5s so things should go well into the green tomorrow. King's Palace is obvious cover.

Is Fox Norton going for that big race in France next weekend?

Pulled a couple of good ones out of the fire on Tuesday when I was there and ended up even after being very deep into MTOY.faugheen,taquin,Fingal and Dynaste put me in a good position-unfortunately ended up going big on AP as I couldn't see her beaten,only now I have even looked at anything cheltenham..About 300 up going into tomorrow,would have been a lot more.im on kings palace and conti both ante post at nice prices.....I'll probably be ill disciplined and get the elephant gun out tomorrow.Time for a drink......

Back