How is Samcro odds against....

Slim

At the Start
The Marsh Chase is a bag of shite of a race. If it was a hurdles race Samcro would be 5/6. Can anyone explain which he is available at 7/1?

I’ve backed him at 12/1 but I’d expect at least 7/1 with his recent performances... What reason you think he should be shorter, let alone odds on? [emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Because there are 3 or 4 horses who have stronger chase form than him and he was hammered by a pensioner at Christmas. Obviously has had plenty of issues too with his wind.

Because there are 3 or 4 horses who have stronger chase form than him and he was hammered by a pensioner at Christmas. Obviously has had plenty of issues too with his wind.

Wind has been done and scoped dirty after Limerick where he beat a 143 horse by 22l.

Wind has been done and scoped dirty after Limerick where he beat a 143 horse by 22l.

I didn’t hear about a dirty scope at xmas but that’s not his first wind op at this stage. He’s had a few.

I didn’t hear about a dirty scope at xmas but that’s not his first wind op at this stage. He’s had a few.

The time to give the horse one more chance is on Thursday. If he gets nice ground and he is right he will take some beating. The kicker is we get to back him at a bargain price while the deserters back ordinary horses like Itchy Feet at 9/2.

"the time to buy Samcro at 7/1 is when there's blood in the streets."

Slim March 7th 2020

How long since he has shown anything his best?

He has looked as good as ever this season. 160ish being as good as he is.

Is his best novice hurdling form even worth much

Yeah, it warranted a rating of around 160

I never quite understood the hype surrounding this horse. He's obviously some horse to look at and his form is decent enough. I'm wondering if a combination of the two has lead some to add a good stone or so to his potential ability.

He would be the oldest winner of this race and only Moscow Flyer and Sizing Europe won the Arkle this century as eight year olds. Samcro is neither of those greats.

Also, there are half a dozen younger horses who could feasibly run to 160 in your race and it only takes one of them to do him.

7/1 would be value in the RSA but not in this.

He would be the oldest winner of this race and only Moscow Flyer and Sizing Europe won the Arkle this century as eight year olds. Samcro is neither of those greats.

Also, there are half a dozen younger horses who could feasibly run to 160 in your race and it only takes one of them to do him.

7/1 would be value in the RSA but not in this.

Using meaningless stats in a race not that old is pointless.

Won a Down Royal beginners at long odds on since his Ballymore (Neptune, or whatever the f**k it was called then) win so you’re backing him on the basis that he traveled well against Fakir D’oudairies until falling and Faugheen until falling into a hole.

Reproduces that 2018 hurdle form over fences and he wins but that’s a huge if

Back