Hurdle At Cheltenham

Guest_

At the Start
Did I hear right - they have moved the last hurdle closer to the finish to help prevent the whip rules being broken?! Is that for real?

Whatever about the influence on that - it could have a serious influence on some of the results.

Sorry I missed that tracks - makes any mistake at the last more significant. Harchibald should have requested it in his day as it will suit a horse like him and Go Native!

It is incredible that they would make a change like that on the hurdle showpiece day of the year without it having been either trialled, or even mentioned until the day before the race.

I cant beleive they have moved the last hurdle in the most important hurdle race of the season without further consultation with trainers owners etc,perhaps they have of course but dont see why they have to myself.

Did I hear right - they have moved the last hurdle closer to the finish to help prevent the whip rules being broken?! Is that for real?

Whatever about the influence on that - it could have a serious influence on some of the results.

one of the stupidest things I've ever seen.

Jockeys should not need the fence moved to control how much they whip.

Richard Johnson got a 4 day ban

The bright idea of moving the hurdle fails

The worst thing about that was the fact he was the chief beneficiary of the hurdle being moved. Fortunately, it only had a significant bearing on the winner of one of the three hurdle races.

On being told about the re-siting of the last hurdle and the supposed reasons behind it I had to ask if it was April Fool's Day.

Back