I'm talking through my pocket thread

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

Lingfield 4.05
Buaiteoir ridden my Mathew Lawson.

A fast finishing second on a notoriously difficult ride. A reasonable judge would say he gave the horse every chance but as I'm talking through my pocket:

:mad:

Backed two Timmy Murphy rides at Cheltenham - why does he have to travel twice as far as everybody else - if they were stacked twelve wide TJ would do everything in his power to make it thirteen!

McDonagh on Termagant -stayed on the outside of the field when he was travelling well-as soon as she started struggling he pulled her into the pack.

McDonagh on Termagant -stayed on the outside of the field when he was travelling well-as soon as she started struggling he pulled her into the pack.

That race hurt. Had an e/w bet running onto Termagant and backed Princess Severus e/w @ 11/1. Was disappointed the way Termagant finished her race. That might be it for her.

Thought the winner was the bet of the day.Went to the parents house for dinner and decided to head to nearest office to back her.Arrived in Powers,wrote out docket,checked Betfair mobile,Temagent was 3.8 to lay but 3s to back on screen.Tore up docket and wrote out new one very fast.After the race I just had to walk away.

Last edited:
Lingfield 4.05
Buaiteoir ridden my Mathew Lawson.

A fast finishing second on a notoriously difficult ride. A reasonable judge would say he gave the horse every chance but as I'm talking through my pocket:

:mad:

Backed it myself yesterday awful awful ride.

Carberry on Son Amix Way too much to do Buena had flown, but I'm talking through my pocket:lol:

Just had a look at Son Amix -he emerged from the pack with two to jump and from there to the line he made no further impact on BV.

Ruby on Sivota in Buena Vista's race. He (and Carberry) gave BV far too much rope for my money (literally). Son Amix looked held but Sivota was making plenty of ground up late on. However got it right on Final Approach I suppose so there is hope for him yet.

Ruby on Sivota in Buena Vista's race. He (and Carberry) gave BV far too much rope for my money (literally). Son Amix looked held but Sivota was making plenty of ground up late on. However got it right on Final Approach I suppose so there is hope for him yet.

That said I don't like moaning about jockey's rides as a rule. They risks they take and the sacrifices involved are too great.

It's my own stupid fault for not backing BV like I did last year!

• We have a disproportionately high opinion of ourselves. We attribute success to our own internal abilities. We blame failure on external factors - (Anyone who has had a bet should recognise this. If you back a winner it is because you are the biggest genius on earth and everyone needs to know it. Backed a few losers and the jockeys are hopeless, the trainers are all bent, the other horses blocked yours in or you were unlucky (whatever that might actually mean..). Anything that lets you off the hook.)

Statements like this do not apply on this thread :lol:

Back