Imperial Cup-Spear Thistle thrown in

Tout Seul

Senior Jockey
Only studied one race today, the Imperial Cup.Despite the presence of two Ppe horses in a race the stable farms and the impressive Numide. I can't get away from Spear Thistle (50/1+). Ground is right , handles the course and discounting LTO in the heavy at Cheltenham where he really clouted one one early but still ran up with the pace until 2 out, is a reasonably reliable performer.
At the price worth ew but has a winning chance. Ideal bet to lay prospect imo.

I'm not at all surprised to see the money today for Seven Is My Number. Handicap debut and given his bumper form and the exploits of Woolcombe Folly (razzed up off 125) and Schindlers Son (now rated mid 120's) who he beat in his maiden hurdle that he looks potentially thrown in off 120. Can't see how they could complain if he was in off 130+.

Only studied one race today, the Imperial Cup.Despite the presence of two Ppe horses in a race the stable farms and the impressive Numide. I can't get away from Spear Thistle (50/1+). Ground is right , handles the course and discounting LTO in the heavy at Cheltenham where he really clouted one one early but still ran up with the pace until 2 out, is a reasonably reliable performer.
At the price worth ew but has a winning chance. Ideal bet to lay prospect imo.

Francome gave this a favourable mention on the ML, not sure if this is a positive or negative mind you:ninja:

I thought Murphy got it seriously wrong today. I'm convinced he'd have won cosily if he'd had the sense to track the eventual winner. He must've thought he was riding Sea Bird.

Not after-timing as I circulated this about 9.30 this morning to close friends/family:

As for today, I think Nicky Henderson is trying a ‘Pipe’ with Dave’s Dream in the Imperial Cup as Geraghty takes the ride in preference to top-rated Stellino. However, the Pipe yard has had this race sussed for years. Mr Thriller was one I’d noted for the festival and I’m not surprised he’s favourite. However, considering the strength in depth of the yard and the owner’s team, on top of the stable’s record in the race, Seven Is My Number must be the selection. He’s unraced since edging out Woolcombe Folly last season. The runner-up went on to win four times before the summer and went into his break off 147. If the Pipe horse is anywhere near as good he’s a cert today and would probably be easily up to defying a penalty during the week.

3.10 Sandown (Norm 153+)

Alsadaa 153
Stellino 153+
Stradbrook 153
Prince Taime 153
Numide 151p
Spear Thistle 150p
Osolomio 149
European Dream 148
Overstrand 148?
Mr Thriller 147+p
Matuhi 147
I Have Dreamed 146p
Tender Falcon 146
Harper Valley 145+p
Take the Breeze 145p
Procas De Thaix 145
Dave’s Dream 145
Moves Goodenough 145
Native Clan 145p
Oddshoes 145
Seven Is My Number 145 NB (172?)

yep, Timmy cocked it!!
But when you do a last to first as he always does then you are more likely to get traffic probs aren't you?
Pipe must be livid.
All year prep ruined.
You can see why Pipe doesnt touch him with a bargepole for any other horses in the yard.

yep, Timmy cocked it!!
But when you do a last to first as he always does then you are more likely to get traffic probs aren't you?
Pipe must be livid.
All year prep ruined.
You can see why Pipe doesnt touch him with a bargepole for any other horses in the yard.

A ride like that suggests he was ridden very much to instructions. Even more so given the horse is a buzzy type and they wanted him settled. Might not have been a great ride but connections were more than likely involved.

Back