Imperial Cup.

Thank God for that. As no-one found anyone capable of pronouncing the horse's name correctly last time he was out, we're saved a great deal of dyspeptic fulminating against it again.

How can his name possibly be mis-pronounced???!?! Who was guilty of that???!?!?!

Mind you Peadar Miguel was painful to hear as he was called to post tonight but thankfully by the time they were off he was being called by his rightful name....

I'm sure that Cattermole thinks that you're a twat as well - this gratuitous name calling of presenters you don't like is getting more and more personal and insulting nowadays. It's infantile and offensive. Some of us know and like these people you slag off on a regular basis. Grow up.

This thread has yet to have a horse mentioned that actually runs in the race.. So here goes - I think Drill Sergeant at 20/1 might be a bit of value in a tricky race - McCain reckons he has sorted out his kinky jumping and being brought down at Ascot was probably no bad thing as it turned into an absolute slog!! He is rated 104 on the flat and goes in here off 128 which has to be a lenient mark. With the ground to ride on the good side he may not be the worst bet in the world with first time blinkers and a Tongue tie.

This thread has yet to have a horse mentioned that actually runs in the race.. So here goes - I think Drill Sergeant at 20/1 might be a bit of value in a tricky race - McCain reckons he has sorted out his kinky jumping and being brought down at Ascot was probably no bad thing as it turned into an absolute slog!! He is rated 104 on the flat and goes in here off 128 which has to be a lenient mark. With the ground to ride on the good side he may not be the worst bet in the world with first time blinkers and a Tongue tie.

I half fancied this for the totesport but he didn't run - he looks very well h'capped but he nearly tried to pull himself up L/T/O and I think he's showing signs of a long hard year on flat and over hurdles - I'll have a tiny e/way just in case but will be backing Patese another 20/1 shot. 6yo's and French breds have a good record in the race - I think the good ground will suit and he's progressing. Phillip Hobbs was 1st & 2nd in the race last year and 3rd the year before, his first runners in this race for 5years.

I like Patesse too chef - going to have three small bets in the race to try and get a few quid - Betchworth Kid is nearly due as well!!

When Ronaldo Des Mottes ran the other week a few on here fancied him to win..has he got a chance here off 149 I wonder..possibly needed that run..put him nice for this etc

I'll have a few bob on him and Arrayan

Last edited:
A very well-deserved congrats to Swedish Chef for winkling PATEESE out of his shell - came a nice 3rd and everything you said came right, Chef. When are you opening your tipping line with On The Bridle?

A very well-deserved congrats to Swedish Chef for winkling PATEESE out of his shell - came a nice 3rd and everything you said came right, Chef. When are you opening your tipping line with On The Bridle?

Not in his league unfortunately otherwise I'd be spending time at my villa in the Bahamas in my raspberry shorts. :lol:

On the Bridle has good experience when it comes to premium rate phone lines, so this might be a runner.....

Nice call today Chef - got a little Pateese at 22's ew which gave me a profit on the race after my two choices finished out with the washing!!:)

Back