Information Regarding New Years Day Runners

• Thread starter Thread starter Goodkat
  • Start date Start date
G

Goodkat

A strong word has made its way across the Irish Sea and has been picked up by my sources in the West.

The horse in question has recently been acquired by the shrewd Mrs Mee for a most significant fee and finds itself in the stable of one Shark Hanlon. Of course, I am talking about the once raced Admiral Hawke who runs in the bumper at Fairyhouse, under the majestic hands of Corky Carroll, touted as the next Paul Carberry, by me.

The word is strong with this one and he is certainly the bet of the day, you would be best advised to take the early prices.

The winds must be strong because we have also come across another piece of information from the Emerald Isle, regarding a certain horse in the care of Dessie Hughes, a master trainer of chasers, goes by the name of Frisco Depot and runs in the 1.25. They have been waiting what has seemed like an eternity to get this fellow over the larger obstacles and the word is that he jumps like a cat. They fully expect him to take care of the bordlerline bridle horse Lios A Choill and the outclassed Dantes King, in what should be a steering job for the underrated Bryan Cooper.

Closer to home, we have recieved a strongish word for one in the first at Cheltenham, the Martin Keighley trained Hard To Swallow, available at around the 9/1 mark. We are told this a serious horse, in the process of running a huge race against Fingal Bay in the Persian War, before taking a heavy tumble 2 out, they have given him plenty of time to recover and he is expected to have a bit too much class for this field today.

Last edited:
I am in mind, reading Goodkat, of the Lemon Drop Kid (the Runyon character, not the racehorse), telling the tale about the good things at Hialeah. I am therefore wishing Goodkat the same most beneficial outcome, so that his New Year may be blessed with an abundance of riches and further punting success. A good read, Goodkat, whatever the result - thanks!

Last edited:
That horse is the one most tipped by over-optimistic trainers, I've found, Del. I never solicit a tip at courses, but it's amazing how many times that particular animal's name crops up, followed shortly by "No Cigar" and "What Happened"!

:lol::lol: It's amazing how many runs he has, isn't it? Along with NEARLYADTHAT, BURGER ME, and SHOOT THE PILOT...

FRISCO DEPOT does it @ 7/2. HARD TO SWALLOW 4th from 14, so e/w will pay off. One to go...

Last edited:
Back