Interesting Runners

Guest_

At the Start
Aside from Cheltenham there are a few interesting runners over the weekend at Punchestown and Cork.

Glenfinn Captain returns in handicap company tomorrow at Punchestown shouldering top weight. Also in that race is Militant who really took the eye last time out last season when skating in.

Leading Run takes his place in the conditions hurdle.

Head On The Ground reappears in the banks race and should cap a fine couple of days for his trainer.

While on Sunday Mick The Man, Fingeronthepulse (chase debut) and Sizing Africa all run in Punchestown and Cork.

Edward Harty looks to have a decent novice hurdler on his hands in the shape of Captain Cee Bee.. will be very interesting to see how far he goes but looked really impressive today at Punchestown..

Leading run unfortunately is only poor over obstacles, but the winner looks very promising and should probably start fav for the Royal Bond, if turning up. Beautiful quick jumper.

I thought Leading Run actually jumped better today Garney.. no change of gear though, bit of a one-paced plodder..

Winner never came off the snaff though..

I would still expect them to go chasing this year Gal..

I would guess he's a fair ways behind in his work due to the unseasonable weather (he's a proper soft ground horse) and this will merely be a pipeopener before he heads over fences..

On another note, it will be interesting to see if the well-regarded Rock Street can finally win his maiden hurdle..

Victram loves soft ground but I would have worries about him getting up the Cheltenham hill although he did manage to hold on at Sandown.

Originally posted by granger@Nov 17 2007, 08:29 PM
Looking forward to seeing Fingeronthepulse over fences
I thought he jumped absolutely super so I was disappointed to see him lose out in third place. Maybe he'll improve for the run.

Back