Interview with Frankie...

The questions should be interesting. If they don't ask something akin to "how do you cope to being forced to ride so many gash horses for your boss?" they're not doing their job.

I would think after Murtagh's "openness" in a certain interview that we won't be hearing anything too controversial.

But I wouldn't imagine Dettori would be interested in keeping going for too many more seasons with the quality of rides he's had this year. He's got his Derby now, won the title again a few years ago - how long will his motivation last now?

Second part tomorrow focuses on such things as race tactics. I hope Willoughby has the balls to push him on the QEII race tactics incident in light of Dettori's comments in his own book regarding the Give The Slip incident at Leopardstown.

I think he is more of a media personality then world class jockey at the moment.I know he stole a Group 1 at Woodbine last week but what else has he done this season.Murtagh has been an absolute star for the last 18 months -if Frankie did it we wouldn't hear the end of it for a long time.

I dont think Frankie is past it in any shape of form. Put him on the Coolmore horses that Murtagh has been riding, Im sure you would get the same results. Equally, put Murtagh on the Ballydoyle horses and Im sure the results would be equally as bad.

Galileo,

The 2nd part is published today - imo, Frankie comes across very well when speaking with about that QE2, and seems far removed from the spoilt child he was portrayed as at that time.

As far as Frankie the jockey is concerned, I think he's still the best big race jockey in Europe. He still remains the only jockey in my mind who can win top races regularly when not on the best horse, or a horse with suspect stamina. As good as Murtagh is (i'm a big fan), I can't think of many races in the past 18 months he's won where he was the difference.

Campanologist at Royal Ascot is a good example of Frankie at his very best..

I must admit I like Frankie and always think he comes across really good.

I could think of many worse in the wieghing room, esp with a small mountain as part of their name.

I would have liked to have seen Willoughby mentioned the Give The Slip incident to him (as JW has mentioned numerous times recently regarding team tactics) and how Dettori felt it compared to the “unfair” tactics used by Ballydoyle in the QEII.

I agree from the point of view it would have been an interesting question, but the difference for me is Richard Hills was riding to aid Frankie whereas, imo, Heffernan was riding not to help his teammate, but to hinder Librettist.

I agree from the point of view it would have been an interesting question, but the difference for me is Richard Hills was riding to aid Frankie whereas, imo, Heffernan was riding not to help his teammate, but to hinder Librettist.

We'll disagree on that, if Dettori had not given his mount such a poor ride it would not have been an issue...but thats another story!!

Back