Is this for real?

Read the specifications, among other things I don't like the sound of, they have electrical facilities inc v low, in the cab, which would enable shocks to be given.
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Roush-Race-Horse-Training-Car.html

A good jockey or work rider will always know if a horse should be pulled up - this machine won't. And it is also imo quite likely to make a horse panic, perhaps with fatal consequences, or push a horse beyond what is wise. It's been developed in the first instance for use in Turkey, not a country known for its kindness to animals.

I wish I'd never seen the damn thing, since there is nothing I can do to get it banned

Read the specifications, among other things I don't like the sound of, they have electrical facilities inc v low, in the cab, which would enable shocks to be given.
http://www.zercustoms.com/news/Roush-Race-Horse-Training-Car.html

A good jockey or work rider will always know if a horse should be pulled up - this machine won't. And it is also imo quite likely to make a horse panic, perhaps with fatal consequences, or push a horse beyond what is wise. It's been developed in the first instance for use in Turkey, not a country known for its kindness to animals.

I wish I'd never seen the damn thing, since there is nothing I can do to get it banned

Did you actually read the specifications? The electrical facilities are for monitoring heart rate, blood pressure and other medical related reasons, it's seems more like a mobile lab. Incidentely the guy sat in the back of the thing is Monty Roberts, do you think he would be the one pressing the buttons?

Last edited:
No of course he wouldn't! - but he's not going to be driving every machine which is sold, all over the world, is he? I can see it appealing to the kind of trainers who consider horses to be only commodities. And there is little animal welfare provision or legislation in a lot of jurisdictions, inc some where trotting is the main game.

Is that such as France, US, Canada, Sweden and Australia where most trotting/pacing takes place?

Where exactly are these places wit little welfare provision where "trotting is the maingame"?

I can think of a good few places which stage lots of TB racing where this may be the case but I'm struggling for trotting.

At least its a more ethical and green way of transporting, NOT!!

Ban the "entrepreneur" who came up with this idiotic idea, bet he makes a few bob aswell.

Martin, just one eg: I've seen the horses standing around of a morning at the stables at Ibiza's trotting arena, where they are trained and race - they are a sorry sight. I doubt that's untypical of a number of outposts of trotting (and ordinary racing), in some countries. There are many countries where our UK committment to horse welfare is a distant dream

Back