It Takes Two To Know

Tout Seul

Senior Jockey
Arnold Layne is in my mind a horse that would have been introduced to racing at a much higher level if he were with a big yard. On this ground he should stay the trip and has an excellent chance against a non too impressive field for the prize money.
McEvoy, at the bottom of the handicap may well give a good account of himself.

I'm on Arnold Layne too - e/w - I was surprised I could get 7/1 on him an hour or so ago

I've also put Wind Instrument and Badgerlaw in a Placpot

Idiot that I am I got thr timings wrong for the races on the TV. Backed Atlantic Story then went to back Katchachurian at Uttox. Had chosen the horse put a £5 on and was about to make that £50 ew from winnings. It was in the 1.50 zand had already won.

In a post Cheltenham depression I get 2 winners and feel like banging my head against the wall.

BTW. Donald McCain is certainly getting his act together, worth watching.

I couldn't help notice some lovely caravans parked in the infield. For those that appreciate them of course.

Caravans are a sore point in this part of Berks/Oxon right now.

Lots of dogs esp lurchers a re being stolen - one from a stables near Uffington this week: a jeep just drove into the yard, they called to the dog, then grabbed and made off with her. Several other attempts too! The fact that the 'travellers' have recently returned to a site near Uffington may of course be coincidental :suspect:

Back