Itchy Fingers and Buggered Back

barjon

Rookie
Oh the joys of old age. Managed to bugger my back twisting to get out of the car with a bag full of shopping. Been flat out in the back recovery position ever since and passing the time reading Paul Nicholls Horses in Training and Paul Ferguson Jumpers to Follow. Giving me real itchy fingers to get going with the jumps and welcoming all those old friends back.

In the meantime I managed to break the run of seconds earlier in the week, but was back there again with Ehraz yesterday.

Shame about the going at Newbury today and I guess it’ll catch a few out. Elsewhere I’ve got three from the notebook and they’ve all shortened overnight which is (maybe) promising:

Miss Roberts Ayr 1:15 7/4 atm from 9/4 overnight. She went in my notebook after her strong run behind Lady Wulfrun at Newmarket in August. She got nutted by the hot favourite last time, but again finished well. Shame this one is not over a mile, though.

Marine Wave Ayr 2:50 9/2 atm from 13/2 overnight. I thought she was really unlucky last time out at York where she got caught in a pocket where it mattered, had to be switched by which time the bird had flown. Once in the clear she finished fastest of all, but the line came too soon and she was third.

Rajindri Kempton 6:45 9/2 atm from 11/2 overnight. She managed to get into loads of trouble at Goodwood and couldn’t get a clear run. I thought she would have finished very much closer otherwise. She proved the point last time out over course and distance where she won quite comfortably. I hope there’s more to come.

I've had a bad back for a year or so now, Barj. Been referred to a physio now. See if that helps!

Sympathies, Marb. It’s not fun is it :(. I’ve got a football sized kink in mine so quite used to it happening for a long time now. Another day and it’ll be ok until I forget not to twist.

Miss Roberts set things off nicely and I was counting my chickens as Marine Wave came towards the last half furlong - no excuses this time, third, she’s not quite up to that level. Then along came Rajindri and back to seconditis again. Couldn’t match the winner who wasn’t even the odds-on favourite.

Last edited:
Same to you, Barj. I did some proper gardening a while ago.. Didn't do any stretching or anything beforehand, and I've never been the same since. Hence why I was a keen viewer of the acupuncture thread. Have you considered it yourself?

Back