Its all bad news in Ireland (Accordion Etoile Retired)

I wish him a happy retirement. I know some of the lads involved in him. They had the mare, Royal Thimble who they raced in the early nineties before sending to Noel Chance and Accordion Etoile was the first offspring I think so they kept him. A great story but he wanted fast ground more than Harchibald. Still, himself and Say Again managed to both win the big novice chase at Punchestown but both needed really fast ground so they never fulfilled their full potential. I wish him a happy retirement. After the demise of Macs Joy last season, this is another of Brave Inca's rivals who is gone off the scene.

He was a high class hurdler and chaser, in my book.

A combined RPR of 317 isn't bad.

Did we ever reach an agreement about which horse had the highest combined RPR?

Kauto Star 328, Neptune Colonge 335, Denman 346 of the recent horses.

The day that Accordion Etoile won at the open meeting I had decided to blast my way out of trouble with a large bet on Tamarinbleu.Needless to say the inevitable happened and AE beat Tamarinbleu on the line after looking held a couple of times.I watched the race very close to the owners of AE who errupted just as my chin was hitting the ground.
Even though he had his big paydays I always felt he was a little bit unlucky.

Might have to be quick to see the latest news, but in the midst of the gloom about recessions, stock market collapses, PSNI shootings. Accordion Etoile has been retired.

Add to that the shocker that Paul Carberry has been knocked out before Galway. Is the world spinning of it's axis or what?

goodbye accordion etoile

what a fantastic horse he's been and been a grand horse for connections. happy retirement to the horse

Back