Jackpot rollover of £981k second biggest ever

swedish chef

At the Start
Must be worth a pound - put your selections up and we'll see if could of cracked it.

THE second biggest rollover in Tote Jackpot history heads for Haydock on Thursday after the pool of £981,875 was not won at Newcastle on Wednesday.

Tukitinyasok landed the fourth leg of the bet at 40-1, decimating those chasing chasing the pool and Who's Shirl accounting for the remaining 21 tickets in the final leg.

The pool, which has not been wonsince Yarmouth on July 26, was at £460,352 at the start of racing on Wednesday but that more than doubled, with £521,523 bet into the pool.

George Primarolo of Totesport told the Racing Post: "With over half amillion bet into the pool today, we would expect the Jackpot to top £1.5million on Thursday.

"That is a conservative estimate, because with only 57 runners at Haydock tomorrow we could see more than three-quarters of a million bet into the pool."

Primarolo added: "The Jackpot looked highly likely to be won at Newcastle this afternoon but a shock 40-1 winner in the shape of Tukitinyasok means that punters up and down the country will fancytheir chances of landing a life-changing sum at Haydock tomorrow.

"The biggest Jackpot win by an individual was £510,995.59 on the Friday of Aintree in 2008, so if one person lands it tomorrow that will be smashed."

Tukitinyasok landed the fourth leg of the bet at 40-1, decimating those chasing chasing the pool and Who's Shirl accounting for the remaining 21 tickets in the final leg.

I do hate hard luck stories but I've always been a fan of Tukitinyasok and he was the first horse in my perm. Unfortunately I was much too stupid to have a few bob on him to win at around 90. I feel a little sheepish.

I did this yesterday (very unlike me!) - I got 2 winners (the first one and the 10-1) shot and 4 seconds! (beaten nk, 1l, 1/2l & 1/2l) Pity!!! Anyone else nearly get there?

I did this yesterday (very unlike me!) - I got 2 winners (the first one and the 10-1) shot and 4 seconds! (beaten nk, 1l, 1/2l & 1/2l) Pity!!! Anyone else nearly get there?

I wasn't even close - two winners and two places - did you o the placepot?

Back