James Willoughby

Guest_

At the Start
Is it just me or does he seem to have cut down alot (all?) his work with RUK and his articles in the Racing Post are few and far between over the last few months?

Met him in Kilarney on Arc day. He is travelling the world for the year. When I say I met him what I really mean is I shouted abuse at him while he held court with the lemmings waiting on his every word.

On his last day on RUK a month or so back for a Kempton meeting he said he was going on a long sabbatical.

Sorely missed in my opinion, by far the most knowledgable one on RUK when it comes to flat racing.

His Wednesday night Kempton appearances with McNae became embarrasing with 'The Captain' hanging on his every word. Can't say I think RUK's coverage has suffered for his absence.

A complete bore. He wrote his piece on the arc after watching the race on a small screen in a hotel in Kilarney over a few jars. Who would not want to read that...

I'm sure he is vastly informed, but I found him very wordy - never say in 10 words when 1,000 will do. He had a GSOH, though, and when my first foal sale (with Songsheet) was going through the ring while I was working at Lingfield, he was very kind and supportive. (It helped, too, as we got a decent price!)

Back