Jealous Again To Darley

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
Wes Ward and partners have sold Jealous Again to Darley Stables - she's been moved to the Monmouth barn of Tom Albertrani.

Matter of time before she's at Godolphin?

Is she a horse you would expect to train on though?

It always seems to me that Godolphin buy horses which have already put in a performance they are unlikely to match or better (ie - where the horses run has made him/her look better than they are), and rarely do they try to unearth some potential superstar who has yet to show anything other than promising form.

Afaik the Chevely Park is still the aim - though presume the River Down's races might be off the agenda. Strange move really as she never struck me as the type to improve going up to 6 or 7f so there'll be few races for her come the end of August in the US.

Is she a horse you would expect to train on though?

It always seems to me that Godolphin buy horses which have already put in a performance they are unlikely to match or better (ie - where the horses run has made him/her look better than they are), and rarely do they try to unearth some potential superstar who has yet to show anything other than promising form.
Spot on Hamm.

From Sportinglife.com

Royal Ascot winner Jealous Again has been snapped up by powerful owner Sheikh Mohammed.
The juvenile, formerly trained by American handler Wesley Ward, turned in a hugely impressive display in the Queen Mary Stakes, showing amazing acceleration to score by five lengths under John Velazquez.
"Sheikh Mohammed has purchased Jealous Again and she will be returning to Europe," said Sheikh Mohammed's bloodstock advisor John Ferguson.
When asked whether the filly would be joining the Godolphin ranks, the global operation owned by Sheikh Mohammed, Ferguson added: "Nothing has been decided, and we are in the process of sorting things out."

Strange purchase....I wonder how much?

Sure the pension fund for horses, run by Godolphin, is backed by considerable wealth via our petrol stations.

Happy retirement to her. She's bound to get the hang of things soon enough; turn up, have a blue rider, watch some friendly backsides disappearing in front, wander back to the stables.

Not too hard, that.
Mind you, they do get trained for it, just in case they've still got old habits, like racing off to the front .....

:rolleyes:

One chance with this horse, the nunthorpe all the weight and godolphin wont have the time to ruin her.

She isn't entered in the Nunthorpe,presumably could be supplemented if they felt the race was worth going for.

she ran so fast at Ascot that you have to say there can't be much development left..unless she is the best filly we have seen for x number of years...if she is that good..I'll be surprised if they bring it out

Well her reputation can only have been enhanced by Misheer winning the Cherry Hinton impressively.

Clive Brittain has a couple of very nice fillies in Misheer and Jira, who to my eye wasn't acting at all on the ground at Newmarket yet still came through well from virtually last to win.

Impressed with the run of Stan Moore's filly too - much more so than the favourite who never seemed to be travelling.

Trainer's aren't overly keen on their best horses getting beat Bar - they make up every excuse under the sun before "we were beaten by a better horse". There's no evidence at all that JA was pumped up on juice - just a faster, more precocious horse (better suited to a 5f sprint).

Back