Jocks in trouble..........

Colin Phillips

At the Start
....at Chester.

Franny Norton stood down for failing a breath test, alcohol too high.

And surprise, surprise, K.Fallon late at the races missed rides in first two races, his exc.......sorry his explanation was accepted.

ALan Lee has picked up this story in The Times today. Sara Cumani is quoted as saying 'We haven't heard from him. We've no idea where he is.' Fallon's explanation was that he had been caught in traffic after visiting his children in Wigan and that his mobile phone battery was flat. :rolleyes:

ALan Lee has picked up this story in The Times today. Sara Cumani is quoted as saying 'We haven't heard from him. We've no idea where he is.' Fallon's explanation was that he had been caught in traffic after visiting his children in Wigan and that his mobile phone battery was flat. :rolleyes:

Maybe it was?

We had to laugh at 'Squeaky' - Adam Kirby - as he exited Lingfield today. We asked him how he was, as he looked a bit crestfallen. "Well, to tell you the truth I've had a shit day, really. I've sweated and sweated and I still can't do the weight, so I lost one ride, the other did nothing, and now I'm off to Ascot to see if things can get any better." Poor wee mite. He is such fun usually, too.

Franny Norton made up for his enforced day off with a very well-timed run (gulp:blink:) on Imperial Djay in the Chester 4.40. A bitter sweet winner for David Chapman (R.I.P)'s granddaughter Ruth Carr.

Many of Ruth's horses are running very well at the moment.

Paul Hanagan is a likeable chap and a very good jockey but he does seem to get away with things that would lead to bans for others at Northern tracks . At Chester it appears that he avoided an enquiry let alone a ban for drifting across ,whip in wrong hand in the Dee Stakes and causing interference.

Last edited:
I don't know, JFT - he was skipping past us and that's what he said. Perhaps he meant he'd been down for one at Ascot and couldn't ride it. Looking at the lad, I'd have thought he could make 7st dripping wet!

Last edited:
Nah, he's a fat bastard so far as cheese nibblers go, often puts up overweight. I think 8st10lbs is about his limit, he's tall for a nibbler.

:lol::lol:

Huh! The secret about their tragic nibbling is out now - Derek (who really is a porkie), the 'food valet' is now doing canapes and dainties for our winning connections at Brighton, instead of the crisps and Quality Street sweets they got before. They're the same items as offered to our little wasters. Flippin' heck! Dainty triangles stacked with smoked salmon on cream cheese, Hoi Sin duck, egg mayo, ham and cheese, plenty of cherry tomatoes and garnishings galore, lemon drizzle cake, mini-meringues...

it was bad enough keeping the office staff at bay before, but now, they all want to come in and congratulate the winners!

Last edited:
Back