Jonjo

eric c

At the Start
Am away so cant watch anything---Jackdaw's have not had a winner from last 18 runners---did Exotic Dancer do himself justice or is that JP just has very few decent horses??

:angy: :angy: :angy:

Eric they decided to race ED up with the pace, but it was a mistake as AP admitted, he emptied out and although he chased KS at the business end was always under max pressure, then was overtaken by Our Vic over the last. Nothing would have beaten KS tho - see KG thread :P

Finally had a winner today and one other pipped---maybe he will have them fresh for the mecca??
Need Wichita Lineman to show some form if he is to win the Stayers.

Runs a lovely horse called Minkowski today. Its expected to want 2m 4f but I'm told this is rather smart and they think it will make into a high class staying handicapper.

Something tells me Pertemps next year but interesting to see how he fares in a strong novice hurdle today in which Nicholls runs Hells Bay and King has a lovely mare in called Theatre Girl. Of thats before you consider Helen Lewis' cracking mare Helen's Vision.

Looks a decent race.

I strongly fancied Wichita for the festival at the start of the season but he is very short at the moment for a horse who was well beaten on his only start and with plenty of questions regarding stableform.

Eric

As far as I am concerned, The O'Neill yard is seemingly "under a cloud" for about 70-80% of every season.

A few months ago, I started a thread on here about how bad a trainer I thought he was and, to be honest, thought I it would stir up some controversy/heated debate. In the end, I was amazed that almost everyone on here seemed to agree with me.

I am at the stage now where I very rarely back his horses. Roughly speaking, I reckon a typical Jonjo runner is about a 6/4 chance to be trying and about 2/1 to be in a fit state to run to its form - so that's a 13/2 double you need to land before you even think about the horse actually beating the other ones.

His runners are simply impossible to weigh-up. At least with Barney Curley, there is a certain honesty about his dishonesty (if you know what I mean).

It is not uncommon for me to have a Jonjo horse on my private tissue at, say, 5/1, (with The Racing Post having something similar in their betting forecast too) only to look on Betfair in the morning and see that it is, for example, 17 to back and 800 to lay. What are punters supposed to make of that? Why does this sort of thing only happen on a regular basis to horses from his stable?

Anyway, if you want to read that thread, it is called "Is It Just Me...(part 2)". You can find it using the search feature on here. You may find it interesting.

Back