Jumpers to Note 2024/25

barjon

Rookie
I’ve been off-piste for a while, but the jumpers are warming up and who could resist :)

Harry Derham has had a great start and I think he will hit the high spots, although he might find it a bit more difficult this year as the handicapper gets to grips with his horses after their successes. One of interest is Givemefive who was given a flat outing recently at Haydock as a tune up for later.

Harry said: “He did really well for us in the spring and then he actually came back from Fairyhouse quite sick so we left him off after that. He’s had a nice summer, he did very well out in the field and he’s taken an awful lot of getting fit. The main objective at the start of this season is Cheltenham for a four year old hurdle in a month’s time, so it was always my plan to have a race before that. He will obviously be absolutely trying his best today but this is a race that will very much bring him on fitness wise and I would expect a fair amount of improvement. Hopefully he can still run a really nice race and be competitive but it’s clear that he’s a much better jumper than he is flat horse. As I say I hope he can run a nice race, improve for it and go to Cheltenham all guns blazing in a months time.”

He did run a decent race into second and it’ll be interesting to see how he gets on in the planned race at Cheltenham later this month.

Back