Just back from Hong Kong

• Thread starter Thread starter Goodkat
  • Start date Start date
G

Goodkat

On my travels I had the honour of meeting a great man, a humble man, a man of the people, much like myself, and it turned out, much to my delight, that we shared a common interest. The man in question was a certain Mr Yuk-Ting Szeto, known to close friends and associates as Tingting, due to his remarkable resemblance of the classic cartoon character.

Turns out, Mr Szeto had recently acquired a couple of horses, two un-named yearlings, and a few older horses currently in training on our very shores. We had a great discussion for many, many hours about numerous different aspects of the game, international racing, the whip, prizemoney, yearling sales and lots more.

Anyway, he is not one for spending over the odds on a horse and picked up his yearlings for peanuts, in racing terms. "I will make a few yen on them", he told me, before eating another piece of the most succulent lamb, "but the one that I am most excited about is a horse I just bought in Britain".

He poured another glass of the finest red, and proceeded to tell me about his big hope for the new year, a horse called Riverdale, trained in Yorkshire, under the elegant guidance of Nigel Delfosse Tinkler. "Riverdale is a brute of a horse", he tells me, as he sips cautiously away at his vintage Romanee-Conti, "Nigel tells me he is a very well handicapped animal, the only problems he has, are in his fine looking head. But we believe we have found the key, Nigel left him out in the field for 3 months and it seems to have worked the oracle, he's in the form of his life. You cant work this horse, at all...he has to be very, very fresh. We are planning to run him on the all weather surface at Wolverhampton next week as we have a hunch that he will enjoy it, and I would advise you to have a nice investment as he should be a fair price."

The meeting ended abrubtly due to a rather unsavoury incident involving a dog, and I had to leave for dinner with the family.

So there you have it, 2.30 at Wolves tomorrow, Riverdale is one to keep a close eye on, and I would advise going in e/w at the current price of 16/1.

I'm torn between deleting these threads and recommending the axe for this guy, moving these posts to the Jokes thread or moving them straight to the Forum Gold section! :lol:

...Yes very entertaining. I’ve no idea if these posts are meant to be serious. If this horse gets close to being placed I’d be amazed and compelled to entertain the idea that there is some substance to the info. But as no one is privy to such info from such a range of individuals I suspect this is a wind up, albeit an amusing one.

Call me old fashioned if you like, but I’d rather have a sincerely expressed view on here even if it proves wrong than something we have no way of knowing if it’s a fluke or not.

:lol: Genius.

Goodkat - Is there any news from your Newmarket contacts regarding this years Derby winner?

Sadly, a freak gelding operation has put paid to Arte del Calcio's Classic aspirations. Apparently he was trying to climb a barbed wire fence to do an extra gallop "out of hours", when the accident happened. His charming and erudite trainer is now targeting the 2013 Triumph Hurdle, and will not hear of defeat.

That's a fabulous fun post - even if Riverdale bolts up stone last.

Rory - love that phrase, "a freak gelding operation"! I'm sure I've seen several of those on YouTube, involving skateboarders failing to grind the rails in the accepted manner.

My analysis is different, Krizon.
I don't think that there was any intended fun element to it. I think that the opening poster is quite serious about it !
My reading of it is that it is a cut-'n-paste of a mailshot sent out by some con-artist to congenitally stupid mugs who in their desperation for a winner swallow this kind of rubbish.
Posting it on here as something legitimate sort of categorizes the O.P. in the same vein.

Sadly, a freak gelding operation has put paid to Arte del Calcio's Classic aspirations. Apparently he was trying to climb a barbed wire fence to do an extra gallop "out of hours", when the accident happened. His charming and erudite trainer is now targeting the 2013 Triumph Hurdle, and will not hear of defeat.

:lol:

Yes, a rather unsavoury incident if you ask me, still it dosent get much better than a Cheltenham winner.

Back