Just One Horse

Guest_

At the Start
Not necessarily because it's your biggest bet or biggest pay out but name the one horse above all that you would like to see win at Cheltenham this year.

I would love to see either Harchibald or Brave Inca win the Champion for obvious reasons but I will side with Cooldine on this occasion. Yeah I have him backed at big prices for the RSA but above all I would love to see an impressive display from him which would finally see a decent standard bearer in Ireland for next season over 3 miles.

Your pick?

There'll be plenty of others with very good reasons to say Harchi or Brave Inca (or even Hardy bloody Eustace!) in the Champion Hurdle, or Well Chief in the Champion Chase, but to be honest I think Kauto would probably put the biggest smile on my face. Which sounds odd given that he's actually the favourite, but it would make his legacy untouchable in my book (even if it did mean him beating Beefy's 10 Grade 1s...)

Kauto star due to putting the record straight that he is still able to be the best and put the doubting and doubters in there place, showed a will to fight last year in the gold cup has a heart for the game and for ruby as he just looked so un happy after kauto lost.

Quolibet - I really want this Doumen horse to come over and sweep all before him in the Albert Bartlett. Talk of him as a King George winner of the future and he could be next First Gold (could).

Kauto without doubt..... i like seeing daft stats blown away but far more important than that...hes a true star who has been wriiten off rather too frequently

But if Lough derg won the Coral cup....the stands will collapse

Last edited:
Without a doubt Well Chief. It would be one of the greatest ever performances if he could return and defeat the 'unbeatable' Master Minded in the Champion Chase after all the injury problems the horse has had.

My one horse is Kasbah Bliss.................to get turned over. :D

The one I would really like to see win is Gone To Lunch.

He strikes me as the epitome of an old-fashioned, galloping, staying chaser, who gives his all with every outing (Jodami-esque is the word I would use - if, indeed, it was a word).

A win for a small yard in a premier race wouldn't do the game any harm either.

Arrggh - there are three horses I really want to see win that I can't really split!

Katchit - to prove that despite being a Triumph Hurdle and Champion Hurdle winner, he's no fluke;

Denman - similar reasons as above and to show he's back to his best now;

Diamond Harry - lovely horse who will make a dangerous chaser; another who should silence a few doubters were he to maintain his unbeaten record and win next week. He's got decent connections too :)

its funny how ignoring daft stats can cost you dear though

- KS supporters..you won't be collecting :)

and when you don't collect...first thing you will say is...it were nowt to do with daft stat...all defensive like...but basically the speed to mention it will be seen by me as an admission of acknowledgement what a great stat it is:)...not much lateral thinking being shown from those ignoring it.

bet of the week for me is MADISON DE BERLAIS

thank me later :lol:

Harchibald by some distance

But Ebadiyan or Brave Inca would be pretty damn special

And I'd like to see Graham Bradley in the winners enclosure

If MdB wins EC1 I'll thank you a lot later - when I sober up - one of my mates is on at 500+ on Betfair....

Well Chief. Ideally short-heading Master Minded with a distance back to the third. Followed by the men from Timeform hastilly re-appraising Moscow Flyer`s rating.

Last edited:
Back