J'y Vole

Irish Stamp

Forum Moderator
I see this mare just dotted up at Gowran Park over the likes of Big Zeb and Arrive Sir Clive. Not sure what happened to BZ whether he fell, pulled up etc. but she was again very impressive as she was at Cork the other week. Soft ground favours her but she was up close in the Triumph last year and won over at Auteuil in the Spring. Lively chance in the Arkle.

Martin

As a 5yo mare she'll be getting weight off everything in the Arkle too though Gal so it shouldn't really matter how much she gets given how she won today unless they abolish the mares allowance and reduce the 5yo allowance again.

Pomme Tiepy was impressive too - JV was entered in that race but not declared.

I backed her (sorry to aftertime) and it was one of the easiest wins a selection of mine had in a long time!

The RP Spotlight implied she is regarded higher than Pomme Tiepy, and the manner of todays win was mighty impressive (reminded me of Nickname's 2nd win at Leapoardstown a couple of seasons ago.

I think she could no more than win the way she did, however the form of the horses in behind would leave me questioning how good she is at this stage. Moreover nothing took her on today so her jumping is yet to be put to the test also.

Jury out for me.

On the way to the races I was telling everyone in the car that she would win by 20 lengths.Drifted from 11/10 to 7/4 then the money came for her.I asked the bookie who was paying me out was it a terrrible result and he just nodded-he couldn't get the words out.
It was an absolute demolition job-a mismatch.In the context of the Arkle I wouldn't get carried away that was 2.5 miles on heavy ground getting 16lbs from the main danger who fell-there was a lot of rubbish in the race.I think the connections might fancy a return trip to Auteuil.

Originally posted by sunybay@Jan 24 2008, 03:55 PM
She had a very easy task with Big Zeb so early out of the race.
Which fooked my massive RFCT nicely! it was that sort of day... I'll be v lucky after all that hard work to come out evens

J'y Vole certainly did it well but I wish all the commentators would learn to pronounce the names of those at least at the top of the market! In the Laddies, the race caller and the guy doing the wrap up both called her Gee Volly

They do. Take today's Novice Chase at Newbury - 5 year olds carried 10-9 6 year olds 10-12.

J'Y Vole got the mares allowance as well as the age allowance.

Back