Katchit Confession Thread

Well done Shadow Leader. You were almost faltering last night. I hope you kept the faith!

I substituted him out of my 10 to follow in January. Suffice to say I didn't back him today.

Whatever you backed, who could grudge him that? What a brave little feller :clap:

And well done to fellow forumites who kept the faith - I only had a place bet but it was 4.8

Very worried A MacNamara has come back in with no horse, do hope SE hasn't damaged something

Originally posted by Euronymous+Mar 11 2008, 02:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Euronymous @ Mar 11 2008, 02:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Galileo@Mar 11 2008, 03:28 PM
Add my name to the list....didn't see that coming.
:D No, it didn`t exactly stand out from a form point of view. [/b][/quote]
To be fair Alan King thought he had no chance as well.

I stupidly didn't have a bean on him but it didn't stop me cheering him home.
Brilliant result for a very gutsy little horse.
Results like that are what makes NH racing so special for me.

The Racing Post will be doing very well to push this up to a 170 performance.

167 if they're honest.

Originally posted by Euronymous+Mar 11 2008, 04:20 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Euronymous @ Mar 11 2008, 04:20 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Arkwright@Mar 11 2008, 04:15 PM

Results like that are what makes NH racing so special for me.
Results like that are what makes me yearn for the Flat season. [/b][/quote]

Boo hoo Euro!! Have you no heart, or soul, at all?

I'm with Arkers here: Katchit is one of those horses who lights up a day, meeting, career
I'm really thrilled for all concerned - and great bragging rights to Chris and SL for doing the win

By the way that was a British 1/2/3 in the Champion Hurdle - great stuff :P

Am £36 pounds better off after backing Katchit in Feb - still doesn't make up for the fact that I had to work today and miss all the action though :(

Well done Katchit and the team :clap:

They could rerun this race ten times and I still wouldn't back Katchit.
Well done to SL for keeping the faith since last year's Festival and even before racing today when we had a chat she was still trying to persuade me about Katchit (and also Kruguyrova for a place)

Did I listen ? :rant:

Great little mare so brave, the horse isn't bad either :P

Don;t forget Chris Beek kept the faith too - wouldn't hear of defeat for his old mucker :)
It's still extraordinary to me that a horse who didn't seem to go a yard on the flat can be so lit up over hurdles - he just would NOT be beat today. And he does seem to love Cheltenham and the big occasion too - the roar of the crowd seems to galvanise him. Wonder if they know and hear their own name... what's he called at home I wonder? AK doesn't really go in for stable names

Good day fellas, good day. Cheers for the kind words.

Let's not let Katchit (gowan Chocolate!!!!!!!!) and Krugy take all the glory - Crack Away Jack was an immense result too!!!!!!!

I think my voice hasn't recovered yet.

If someone would have said to me 2.5 years ago that would win a Champion Hurdle i would have laughed my arse off.

Spent so many mornings drilling the head off him to stay upsides things like Misternando. It shows every horse has a talent.

Coming to the last i was absolutely ready to explode, he looked completely wrecked coming in. Gave absolutely everything. Brave just isn't enough to describe him. He refused to yield and for me that was one to the best Champion Hurdles I've seen. Not in terms of quality but sheer excitement.

Thanks Bobby, good to know a man stands by his word.

A bit disappointed with Catch Me who i had more on but so happy for Katchit. Loved riding him every day as he had so much charecter and I thought it was nice to see chocy give hima great big smacker on his cheek in the winners enclosure. The girl was also in tears watching it, something you don't see very often. Really brave performance by a horse who to be honest is knee height of a grasshoper. He may be small but he is brave.

I saw Katchit win at Wincanton. It is a syndicate that clearly adore this brave little horse. :luv: We were invited to go and have champagne with them after the Wincanton run and they were absolutely thrilled and were already talking about Cheltenham. I am so pleased for all concerned. Wincanton racecourse had their own hospitality area yesterday, and they all seemed to have backed him too.

These are the stories that make Cheltenham for me and I was just thrilled to be part of it yesterday.

Back