725,000 Giants Causeway ex Sheepscot - D.L O'Byrne
1,700,000 Unbridled Song ex Silken Cat - John Ferguson
1,200,000 Storm Cat ex Starrer - Hill n Dale Bloodstock
800,000 Storm Cat ex Take Charge Lady - Northshore Bloodstock
950,000 Dynaformer ex Tuscoga - Shadwell
1,000,000 Giants Causeway ex Voodoo Dancer - Briggs

http://ww2.keeneland.com/sales/Lists/Sale/results.aspx

Video.... http://apps.keeneland.com/livesales/livevideo/frameset.asp

Well the first one I saw was lot 147 and went for 3.1m!!

I like the way they announce them. And ya man announcing a 325k bid as "let do it that way then"!!

Darley keeping busy at this sale with plenty of purchases..Coolmore just bought 2.

Plenty of RNA beside many of those that went through the ring yesterday.

I saw a full-brother to Shamardal sold for 25,000 last night. Serious wobbler I would suspect.

As long as Hips 3618, 1494 and 4349 don't completely bomb out, I'll be a happy camper!

Sounds like a fairly slow start down at Goffs as well. Did John Ferguson sign one ticket BTW? Conspicuous in his absence.

MIRRORING the trend of recent weeks and reflecting the current economic climate, trade on the opening day of the Goffs Million was operating at a considerably lower level to what it has been in recent renewals.

The main protagonists were all once again in attendance but the general consensus and final figures showed that, like the wider yearling market has been, the sale was operating on a lower plain to the last few years at a time of significant financial upheaval.

The turnover of nearly €11m was down on the €17.5m taken in last year. The average went from nearly €108.000 to €71,609 while the median dropped from €70,000 to €50,000.

“Trade is operating at a different level to what it has been at for the last few years but this is not unexpected and it has to be said horses are changing hands and our clearance rate today was 76 percent,” reflected Goffs Chief Executive Henry Beeby.

“There is a correction going on but when you take the wider economic situation into account what can you expect. We are selling a luxury item and we are selling at the top end of that market. It should also be remembered that the figures for this sale have climbed steeply over the last few years and we are now operating in a different climate.

“However, we would have to say that we are far from disappointed. The major buyers are here, there is a good buzz around and vendors are being realistic,” he concluded.

Be very interesting to see how the Oratorio-Flame Of Tara colt fares tommorrow morning. Lot of buzz around it anyway.

Full sister to Mastercraftsman as well. Was it the Coolmore gang that got her?

Oratorio's stock seem to be doing very well.

Was at Goffs myself yesterday and while the current climate effected the results, much talk was of the quality of horse there yesterday. Not up to scratch and I would imagine Goffs selectors will be holding their breath to see what turns up at Tattersalls next week.

The selection process is very political. If they can in anyway justify putting a yearling onto the catalogue from one of the in-crew before a yearling that is better but not from an in-vendor they will. Just look at the breeze-ups. The same vendors all the time, closed shop.When they sell well they talk about top middle and bottom of the market (which has no relevance to how they race) which is a self fullfilling prophecy. When they loose their bollocks like yesterday, 'the quality is no good':rolleyes:

Tatts Ireland last week was carnage.

It was the buyers I was talking to yesterday. Some of the leading buyers only had a handful of animals to look at yesterday...at a premier sale that is not right.

No one is buying horses Gal. Spoke to someone who had a lovely colt (don't want to get slated for name dropping , but if he says it was nice it was nice) pedigree, the lot. He bought it for £29k and both it back himself for €20k euro. Three days ago people where singing his praises.

From the RP

WITH a €1m daughter of Danehill Dancer heading proceedings, trade at the top end (incert Coolmore sponsored end) of the market at the Goffs Million Sale improved on Monday's opening session but it was still some way adrift of recent renewals.

No one is buying horses Gal.

Suggest you have a look at Tattersalls returns today...down a single percent and in the current climate it can only be called a great sale.

Sure the economics had an effect on Goffs, but chatting to a few other people since the sale, the same thing again has come up...the horses were generally not up to scratch. Tattersalls sales is reflecting that....

Suggest you have a look at Tattersalls returns today...down a single percent and in the current climate it can only be called a great sale.

Sure the economics had an effect on Goffs, but chatting to a few other people since the sale, the same thing again has come up...the horses were generally not up to scratch. Tattersalls sales is reflecting that....

I haven't looked at Tatts U.K., but if their returns where only slightly down well good luck and well done to them.That's good news for Irish Breeders.

My point about Goffs is that the yearlings where no better or worse than they have been for the bumper years. The agents just don't have the orders to fill and so are getting discerning all of a sudden.Agents don't like to admit they don't have orders. Goffs is a big clique and unless you have a couple of hundred thousand in the back pocket your better off going to Tatts Ireland or the sportmans Sale.You'll get better value from one of the less well connected breeders.

Back