Kempton Christmas Hurdle

Guest_

At the Start
Good ground assured, stable in good form, trainer bullish after the horse worked well today.....have had to have a little e/w on Harchibald. Love the horse and it would be great to see him run well on Friday.

Punjabi will be hard to beat though.

As I said in the Champion Hurdle thread, I reckon Harchibald is far too big at 11's.

The horse was apparently quiet earlier this year (which is not him) but for the last few weeks he's been out of his skin!

Will anyone else be at Kempton btw? Talking Horses meet perhaps after racing?

Blue Bajan has been well backed this morning. Cannot fancy him in this type of race, would be a bigger field and a stronger pace I think to be seen at his best.

Think Harchibald is an absolutely cracking e/w bet at 8/1.

I've gone in pretty heavy ew on Pierrot Lunaire. Disappointing on his last start but been given a nice break since. Nicholls had said in his stable tour that the xmas hurdle was his target and i reckon he'll be spot on today. Clive Smith said on the morning line he did a nice piece of work alongside Kauto during the week. Previously 2nd to Binocular last season. He'll need to improve a lot on ratings, clearly, but i'm hoping the race to be run at a good clip (unlike Punjabi's last race for me), and Nicholls master plan to fall into place.

14/1 is way too big about Straw Bear - it's a price based on a couple of utterly meaningless runs over fences, imo.

Good ground assured, stable in good form, trainer bullish after the horse worked well today.....have had to have a little e/w on Harchibald. Love the horse and it would be great to see him run well on Friday.

Punjabi will be hard to beat though.

Fantastic call. Well done Gal. It appears to have been a very profitable Christmas for most.

Back