Ladbroke Hurdle

Guest_

At the Start
Aigle D'Or was really eye catching in defeat at Cheltenham but 5/1 a little too short off his sort of price? Belcantista has been the one for money this morning.

Aigle D'or 5/1
Ashkazar 6/1
Numide 7/1
Sentry Duty 8/1
Psycho 10/1
Belcantista 12/1
Khyber Kim 14/1
Five Dream 16/1
Noble Alan 16/1
Alsadaa 20/1
Mamlook 20/1
Prince Taime 20/1
Sky Hall 20/1
Spear Thistle 20/1
Take The Breeze 20/1
Acambo 25/1
Cuan Na Grai 25/1
European Dream 25/1
Hernando Royal 25/1
Blue Shark 33/1
Gloucester 33/1
Group Captain 33/1
Irish Legend 33/1
Mourne Rambler 33/1
Sole Bonne Femme 33/1
Squadron 33/1
Folk Tune 40/1
Gringo 40/1
Harry Tricker 40/1
Leamington Lad 40/1
Songe 50/1
Stripe Me Blue 50/1
Hue 66/1

Ashkazar would be the obvious one but I don't like that he has not had a run. I don't see anything down the betting that would strike me as being very well handicapped. At the prices I would probably back Numide or Five Dream.

I still think that Ashkazar has the look of a well-handicapped horse off a 147 rating.

Not too sure I would be wanting to back him FTO in a competitive race like this, after the yard has been under somewhat of a cloud though.

A whack of money for Belcanista. He beat a decent Nicholls horse a few weeks ago.

All the value is gone, though.

The race did not go right for European Dream at Sandown, and he may be worth a go with a fast pace guaranteed.

Last edited:
Belcantista has been all the rage. 8/1 is best. Was very well backed last time out too.

Cuan na Grai is on a very fair rating and up to winning a race of this quality off his current mark IMO, but the ground has to be a worry alright.

The worry with Sentry Duty is that he has run very well fresh before going on to regress throughout the season last year.

Took a price about Prince Taime this morning on advice of a friend. Hope he runs well and there appears to have been some money for him.

Caught in two minds as I have Belcantista for the second leg of a trixie.

If Ashkazar has pretensions of being a Champion hurdle horse, then a rating of 147 should be no barrier, especially for a yard that can get one ready first time out. Ground should be fine as well.

Also, a little each way on Noble Alan.

Good performance from Sentry Duty. Had every chance on his last run despite the 10lb rise, but the combination of the ground and the fact the nagging doubt that he wouldn't progress from his last run kept me from backing him.

Ashkazar was never travelling at all from a very early stage. Very dissapointing.

Back