Lambourn open day

krizon

At the Start
Betfair is supporting this year's Lambourn Open Day, to be held Good Friday, 22 April, from 8.30-5.00 in Lambourn Valley. Entrance is £12 or £6 after 1.00 when the stables close, carpark and under 12s free.

Displays will include horse ball, schooling over fences, sheep dogs and geese, famous horses, farrier and a jockeys' Puissance. Stables open until 1.00, trade stands, etc., etc.

Proceeds to Lambourn Valley Housing Trust and local charidees.

Or look at http://www.lambourn.info

He usually is - do you not remember the ridiculous criticism on here of him as he dared to tell someone off for touching one of his horses despite there being signs up everywhere telling people not to touch his horses?

Betfair have supported it for a while now Kri, at least the last couple of years I'm sure.

oh, was it you, Colin? Thought it was someone female, couldn't remember. What's the smiley for? That you couldn't believe it had ringworm or that it was a daft reason not to touch one?!

Not usually - if one's got it, most of 'em will generally get it. There would be far stricter rules with handling one with ringworm, ie separate tack/stable rubbers/grooming kits and washing hands after touching it but they wouldn't generally be quarantined. Most yards don't have the facilities anyway and as I said, if one had it there will have been a whole bunch more with it as well.

Of course he may just have been saying that to get you not to touch the horse! Signs telling people not to touch the horses are generally ignored by those ignoramuses who think that they are above following requests that are there for damn good reasons. Indeed at least one person on this forum delighted in telling everyone she'd ignored the signs and 'snogged' the horse she 'loved' anyway if I recall correctly. Pathetic.

I suppose so but never left him alone in the car before!!! (He is only 14 months old but is a rather large choc lab!)

Then again maybe hubby wont want to go and I can go alone!!! Esp as its St Georges Day the day after and he is planning on a day of celebration (I dont drink so no incentive there for me!)

I would think that if he is well behaved on the lead there would be no problem with you taking him with you.

From memory there were plenty of canines about the year I was there, certainly for the events in the afternoon on the big field.

Back