Lancashire Oaks

betsmate

At the Start
Doubts about High Heeled on the going? I've put a line through everything else bar Flame of Gibraltar. On that rather simple basis, I'll back the Henry Cecil runner.

Surely there must be doubts about the Cecil filly going on the ground as well?

Cecil stated before Ascot she wanted cut in the ground and her action very much suggested the same.

I saw that quote, but all three runs so far (2,1,2) have been on GF so I presume that she handles it ok.

She ran a good race in the Hardwicke considering she pulled so hard and Miracle Seeker going a good clip gave her something to aim at. High Heeled given a very poor ride .

barshiba is a very highclass filly with very high class form and I surely backed her this time accordingly. ran a cracker last time and did fail for missjudged speed, but not because she did not get the trip, and was 2nd in Gr. I over a mile last year at royal ascot, something people always forget. she has vision on just one eye and needs things to fall right, and needs to have the horses on the right (or left, right as in "correct") side. hanagan gave her a lovely ride.

been saying it again and again, fillies are no machines, less so then all racehorses, and cannot be judged on their simple form figures.

Back