Lanzarote

Simon

At the Start
What does everyone fancy?

I really like Swincombe Flame, but so does every man and his dog it seems. Same trainer/jockey combination that won it last year, goes on the ground, should improve for the extra distance, has a nice weight and looks well handicapped.

Talking of the same trainer/jock combo that won it last year, where is James De Vassy? I thought he'd win one of the Festival handicaps last year but he never ran after this.

Having a few bob on Busker Royal e/way 25/1 or bigger- on a nice mark and travelled well l/t/o after a long break before blowing up - I think he'll come on a lot for the run. (I presume Geraghty can't do the weight?)

Boring as **** as usual I would have thought was more appropriate.

You've already started a whole thread for your Victor Meldrew impression, can't we leave it there?

I'm with you Simon with Swincombe Flame, sneaked in at the bottom and they might be keeping their fingers crossed that it doesn't need the precautionary inspection in the morning.

On the basis of my form over recent months, my fancies, Featherbed Lane(do we yet know how good he is?) and Act of Kalanisi- will contest for being last home.

To me the horse at the bottom might win this. Drumshabo travels good, so that stands well in better company. Nice racing weight and trainer had big winner last week. I wonder if its been working with ciceron? Make hay when the sun is shining as they say.

Last edited:
You've already started a whole thread for your Victor Meldrew impression, can't we leave it there?

I'm with you Simon with Swincombe Flame, sneaked in at the bottom and they might be keeping their fingers crossed that it doesn't need the precautionary inspection in the morning.

Nope ! It is an inherently dull race . :D

Jumping the last, I had my advertisement for Featherbed's sister all done and dusted. Shucks. A good performance off 144.

I am having the same start to the year as you TS. Featherbed would have turned it around in some style as he was the focal point of some tasty doubles - I have been physically sick!

It looked a dead heat at the time. That was pretty sick.

Jumping the last, I had my advertisement for Featherbed's sister all done and dusted. Shucks. A good performance off 144.

Great performance off 144 - should make it a little easier to move the shares. The only hurdle he jumped was the last and if Mr Best had pulled his stick through a shade quicker you would now be trying to sell shares in the Lanzarote winner. Will Kennedy was very strong on the winner and very well done to the Swincombe backers!!

I didn't have a bet yesterday but I thought it was an excellent ride from W.K.-big gamble in a Saturday afternoon televised race-his ride was thedifference between winning and losing.
Did the second jockey start crying when the result was announced.

Will Kennedy should go on justgiving website and set up an account for his ban. Im sure a few punters will be willing to chip in to the fund.

I backed the beaten one. Quite big by my standards and at 9s too. Was standing by the winning post. That bloody hurt...

The sort of head in the sands attitude displayed on here to Kennedy's whip abuse is one of the reasons why we have these new whip rules .

Kennedy would have been banned and rightly under the old rules - he gave the horse no chance to respond and ended up hitting more than he needed to because of the ride he had given the horse.

Back