Last day of the year and first day of 2023

Outsider

Journeyman
Got some alerts running tomorrow.

VESPARIAN 205L 10/3 looks to have every chance with Buick on board....3rd

BLENKINSOPP 150N 8/1 has won its last 3 races and now runs off 123.....1st
I was looking at the form of impressive irish winner MAXXUM and he got beat by a horse called GAIUS and he got beat by LOCKS CORNER
And Locks got beat by BLENKINSOFF.
MAXXUM won by 14L off 120 so this makes me think Blenkinsop has a chance.

LORD SNOOTIE 135W 10/1 first hcap and steps right up in trip from 19 furlongs to 26 furlongs......1st
Ran on steadily last time.
I do have reservations though as I think Christian William's is like David O'Meara on the flat when it comes to handicapping his horses.
A lot depends on whether or not he thinks it's well hcapped.

ROCK OF STAR 253U 11/1 fell 2 out on chase debut when making his move.if that didnt dent its confident he could run well although in time he might need further.mostly ran over 2m 3f over hurdles.4th

On sunday I have to have a bet on THEREISNODOUBT 245M 25/1..3rd
two races ago I didnt think it tried.last time it stepped up to 2m 3f and led and made a bad mistake and weakened 2 out.
5th beaten 13L by the aforementioned LOCKS CORNER so 25/1 looks worth a go.

More later.

I'm expecting Lord Snootie to end up an 'any one of four or five nationals' type, Outsider. The novice hurdles were certainly not devoid of promise for that. In which case, this distance might be bang on over hurdles. You're right, though, it's hard to second guess CW's intentions.

Good luck with those. Looking forward, I hope that 2023 will be a prosperous one for you (and me:lol:) too

Last edited:
Lord Snootie looks like a decent call at the prices, mate, given this is much more his trip.

Yes, Chaumi, chasing will be his game, no doubt, and I wonder how long it will before they point him at the big ones.

Snootie was up in the 20s roughly 30 mins before the race on BF, ridiculous price. Sadly, we're unlikely to be getting 33s + in a Welsh or Scottish National now, will just have to watch him win 20 lengths at 9-2. But at least today was a nice payoff. WD Outsider.

Lucinda..."We also run Thereisnodoubt in the Hogmaneigh and he’s fancied to perform better than his odds suggest as there have been excuses for his two outings this season"

chaumi;bt1286 said:
Lucinda..."We also run Thereisnodoubt in the Hogmaneigh and he’s fancied to perform better than his odds suggest as there have been excuses for his two outings this season"

That's nice to hear.i thought it had a chance on a line through Locks Corner.its in my alerts so must have caught my eye.a negative I suppose is its age.
A win would be fantastic but a place would suffice.

Thereisnodoubt managed 3rd place to round off a good weekend.
2 winners and 3 placed for a nice profit.

Hard enough to get 5 in the frame at prices at the best of times, so a great start to the year. Let's hope it's replicated numerous times.

Back