Last Race At Newmarket

• Thread starter Thread starter numbersix
  • Start date Start date
N

numbersix

A typically frustrating result for punters that sums up a miserable day at Newmarket.

Jimmy Fortune gets beat on two very well backed favourites earlier in the day, and then comes to nab the Stoute horse on the line.

Days like this try the patience of saints. I must remember to lay Stoute talking horses on debut as "they invaiably come on for the run". Often at a far more inviting price!!!

I was on Dr Fremantle...just a tartar i think, didnt pick up as much as expected. The front 2 miles clear of the 3rd.

Any speed figure compliers got a view on this race. Looks a standout effort and the first 2 are both Group horses imo.

Originally posted by davidjohnson@Apr 18 2008, 09:49 AM
Any speed figure compliers got a view on this race. Looks a standout effort and the first 2 are both Group horses imo.
I agree. Unfortunately, I don't think it's a minority view.

Likely a group horse - been won by Balakheri and Papal Bull from the Stoute yard in the past. Been turned over at odds-on before now though.

For 3yo Group horses it will be interesting to see which race General Elliott goes for on Friday, definite group race potential.

Originally posted by davidjohnson@Apr 18 2008, 10:49 AM
I'm only an amateur at this game DJ, but FWIW i got a SF of 110 and a form rating of 113

That equates to a Listed, G3 class performance

Back