Leopardstown Day 4

granger

Senior Jockey
Useful one possibly in the beginners chase in Shark Hanlons Hidden Cyclone.

The Istrabaq hurdle race is all the worse for the absence of the hurricane but his stablemate should still bring home the pot. I mite have a look at Moon Dice at 14's to place

Oscar's Well available at 8's for those willing to give him one last chance

Last edited:
You have some stamina Granger! Think HC could be made for this game. Really looking forward to seeing to him. Oscars only came to himself around this time last year so he maybe worth one more chance. I think he may have some breathing issues.

Wandering Aengus in the bumper for me. Was horifued to see him over hurdles a fortnight or so ago but on the balance of evidence it was just a pipe opener. :whistle:

There has been a few quid for him this morning which is always a positive from this yard and the form of his previous win hasn't half held up. Some big reputations here but WA is the one for me.

Outstanding, Granger. I hope you filled the proverbials with that - still quite a generous SP, I thought. Lovely animal, great action and fluency with a fine athletic build.

Well done boys -hope boots were filled.
After 4 days of punting I am overly tired and emotional-if Moon Dice or The Real Article don't win it won't get any better.

Just got a call from L'Town that Toner D'Oudairies is trying today, the more rain the better

Colm Murphy should be kicking himself now

Ted Walsh is right, great ride from Townend

Some mares around in Ireland at the minute

Oscar's Well just isn't finishing its races. Mental thing?

Last edited:
Terrific - so good to see following that horrible smash on GOLDEN SILVER. Horse was super, even tho' I put MOON DICE into the Naps comp (is he still finishing?)!

Hidden Cyclone is one to keep an eye on

Any word on whether Cheltenham might now be on the agenda, granger?

I backed Hidden Cyclone ante-post for the RSA Chase, but had pretty-much written the bet off, as Hanlon had suggested that he would keep him well away from the Festival.

I note he's been cut for the race - any hint of a change of mind on the back of today's run?

Any word on whether Cheltenham might now be on the agenda, granger?

I backed Hidden Cyclone ante-post for the RSA Chase, but had pretty-much written the bet off, as Hanlon had suggested that he would keep him well away from the Festival.

I note he's been cut for the race - any hint of a change of mind on the back of today's run?

I get impression they really really rate him and may skip Cheltenham and keep him in Ireland. The RSA looks red hot and he will get easier pots in Ireland

If he is good in the winner of one race, they may not be able to resist

Firstly I'll say i had no bet on the race, but that was a shocker from Ruby. Why ride TS in that manner? The form of the race is dodgy simply down to the poor ride given to TS.

I'm Leopardstowned out now

What we have learned from Leopardstown

- There are now 3 superb mares in Ireland

- Irish novice chasers look very good

- Irish staying chasers aren't wonderful

- No stand out novice hurdler

- More British based horses should target the Irish prize money

Back