Leopardstown & Limerick Stephen's day

• Thread starter Thread starter Gearoid
  • Start date Start date
G

Gearoid

I may well go to Limerick, it looks a decent card. Quiscover Fontain runs in a hurdle while Nuvelli takes on Rock Street and Top of the Rock. The tissue price of 7/1 for Nuvelli looks a very big price.

Any fancies?

I'll be working at Kempton so won't have the chance to attend either (not that Leopardstown on Stephens day appeals to me in the slightest!).

I'll have a proper look through the cards tommorrow evening.

Initial thoughts:

The Leopardstown bumper looks absolutely shit hot.

Rock Street looks a big enough price in the Greenmount. Nuvelli (who is forecast 3/1 in the Indo, Gearoid!) might just be caught out by the trip.

There are bits and pieces of 6 on Betfair. He coped very well with the shorter trip the last day, held up very confidently. I'd expect 3/1 to be closer the mark. I've put up €75 at 8 on Betfair. You never know!

Last edited:
Not sure I would rate the form of that Navan race though, Gearoid. At 3's Nuvelli would very much be a lay for me.

Top of the Rock's last run at Navan has worked out well enough. Step up in trip should suit as well.

I agree it was a nothing race but I thought he did it well. If I can get matched at €500/€75 it's a bet worth having. It is a decent and card overall. hopefully I can get down there.

Useless piece of info about the Leopardstown bumper....but pertinent when it comes to declaring stars of the future.

As far as I can see, the respective winners of the race in the past two years have yet to see the track since. Where have they gone? Townabrack and I'm Still Standing?

I wouldn't be discounting Sher Why Not from that race at Limerick - still a tad unexposed, I'd have thought...

Also, tomorrow, if you can forgive their last runs then I think Hangover has an outstanding chance in the handicap hurdle at Limerick.....and Island Life is still capable of running a big race in the 2m 1 furlong handicap at Leopardstown.

Quiscover Fontaine in the 1.40 at Limerick was some finish! Was Alpine Eagle 10 lengths up before the last?

Last edited:
Yeah a bad jump at the last really cost Alpine. When your tired, getting away quickly from the flights is obviously key.

Sher Why Not was exposed today, but Hangover did the business like those who enjoy racing at Limerick often do...

Back