Leopardstown Saturday

Beginners Chase tomorrow is arguably better than some of the graded novices during the week,

Cannot wait to see how Nicanor performs but this is a tough test. Wins Now was always going to make a chaser, Big Zeb has plenty of ability, Pedrobob is sure to improve from last time while the likes of Aggies Lad and Tardenois are not without ability but should be outclassed here.

Festival Hurdle still very interesting despite defections. Big test of Jazz Messenger's credentials. Would argue that he needs to beat Hardy to prove that he has genuinely significantly improved.

Mares Hurdle is very interesting with the return of Grangeclare Lark and also Candy Girl. Both have run well fresh before. Rhacophorous is a potential wildcard while Cailin Vic Mo Chroi should be sharp enough to be a reliable benchmark for the form. Will look at the other races later.

Originally posted by LUKE@Dec 28 2007, 01:03 PM
A dirty scope -I got out of my champion hurdle bet this morning.
Why would u get out your Champion Hurdle bet because he has a dirty scope and misses one race, I would understand 2 weeks before Cheltenham but not 2.5 months beforehand.

He is 12/1 now, so surely you would only be on about 7/1/ or 8/1 now.

I cant see it drifting because he misses a race 10 weeks before Cheltenham.

Re: The rest of the card

Well Run should win the first although Royal Man has good form but might prefer a bit more of a test. Hard to believe Satoha is in this...injury jinxed...its only a few years since he beat L'antartique in a maiden hurdle here.

Kimberlite King is a very exciting horse in the maiden hurdle and should take this

Meanwhile, the second race is interesting but having been stung in it last year I might just watch it. Funny race to assess

Yeah...would be a bit worried about his...and Willie Mullins' at the moment as well although Deutschland's [undeserved] win today is a step in the right direction.

These damp muggy winters with no hard freezes are the perfect breeding conditions for respiratory viruses. There were far fewer around when hard winters were the norm

Originally posted by chrisbeekracing+Dec 28 2007, 04:00 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (chrisbeekracing @ Dec 28 2007, 04:00 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-LUKE@Dec 28 2007, 01:03 PM
A dirty scope -I got out of my champion hurdle bet this morning.
Why would u get out your Champion Hurdle bet because he has a dirty scope and misses one race, I would understand 2 weeks before Cheltenham but not 2.5 months beforehand.

He is 12/1 now, so surely you would only be on about 7/1/ or 8/1 now.

I cant see it drifting because he misses a race 10 weeks before Cheltenham. [/b][/quote]
Obviously the subtleties of the game aren't your thing Chris.I backed Sizing at 22-I laid off yesterday at 11 and at the moment he is available to back at 12.I feel my decision was justified and vindicated but feel free to disagree.

He's fine...got done for toe at the wrong time. Could argue that McCoy should have gone for it earlier but hard to know how much he had in the tank. Horse is fine and had jumped well until then. Winner is a solid yardstick and will be better over better ground....an outside contender for March

Thanks BJ, will be interesting to read all the race reports later, some intruiguing results at Leopardstown today

Was really taken by Wins Now.. jumped and travelled really well until getting tired after 2 out.. fall at the last was nothing more than a tired fall..

Should improve a good deal for the outing and it wouldn't surprise me if he ended up Ireland's #1 Arkle contender..

Back