Leopardstown Sunday

granger

Senior Jockey
The first of three big 2017 meets starts this Sunday at Leopardstown.

coral hurdle as it's known now looks rather competitive. Tony Martins horse is an interesting headliner to say the least.

I haven't studied the race in detail yet.

Yorkhill hopefully runs in the novice.

On the subject of the Lep Sunday, travel plans have unravelled for myself and Digger, due to the malignant influence of a gigantic oaf named Sharkey. I will spare you the details, but suffice to say, it started to spiral out of control when he took it upon himself to start inviting everyones wives and children, to what was supposed to be a jolly-boys outing. That was bad enough, but he then realised all too late that he didn't have any headroom on his passport, and couldn't actually attend himself, the doss cu*nt!

On this basis, we have stuck the entire idea in the skip, and instead hope to catch-up with at least some of the usual suspects at Chelts.

Last edited:
To be fair, he is usually the life and soul of the party..........I'm prepared to write this episode off as a lapse in judgment........though I put it in marginally harsher terms than that, when I spoke to him!

Does Mr Shark know that within the EU there would be a period of grace of six months or so during which you can travel after your passport has expired?

I doubt he would have known about it, Art, but as it happens, it makes no odds.

He goes to Vegas at Easter, and needs 6 months on his passport for US travel, so he sent off for a replacement, forgetting it would leave him marooned in Frankfurt, until a new one reached him. The new passport is apparently "2-3 weeks away", and the old one has been retained by the Irish consulate in Glasgow (where his missus took it to get renewed), so he has declared himself and his family NRs yesterday, which has pretty-much kyboshed the entire endeavour.

Considering it went from a chaps tear-up to a gathering of families, it's actually not that big of a drama - more an opportunity missed, that can be corrected in the near-future.

Pat Keogh, CEO of Leopardstown Racecourse, said, We will also welcome our old friend Hurricane Fly back with the unveiling of a beautiful bronze on the day, in tribute to his unbeaten record at Leopardstown.”

Pat Keogh, CEO of Leopardstown Racecourse, said, We will also welcome our old friend Hurricane Fly back with the unveiling of a beautiful bronze on the day, in tribute to his unbeaten record at Leopardstown.”

If anyone is ever in the vicinity of one P. Sharkey Esq between now and the end of time, please feel free to hoof the cu*nt hard in the bollocks from me.

NB: This directive applies only to the gigantic oaf of the same name, that frequents the Frankfurt, Edinburgh & Raheny parishes. I'm sure there are million other innocents in the old sod, with the same moniker.

Not A Whisper looked to be given an easy race behind Toe The Line yesterday could be worth keeping an eye on next time out .

Back