Leopardstown Wednesday

Guest_

At the Start
Declarations in for Leopardstown on Wednesday...

In the opening maiden hurdle Bellamy Cay takes on Tranquil Sea.

In the Juvenile hurdle The Ethiopian makes his debut for Noel Meade against the likes of Murtagh,Paco Jack,Temlett and Eritrea.

The novice Grade 1 has cut up really badly with just four runners: Lenry,Skys The Limit,Perce Rock and Scotsirish.

At Limerick they have a really good looking novice chase over 2m3f with the likes of Fingeronthepulse,Arrive Sir Clive, Freds Benefit, Line Ball and Notable D'Estruval all in action.

What price Thommo (or the Irish equivilant) to make some reference to Eritrea going to war with Ethopia. Should be very informative though

Hard to believe only four are running in the Grade 1...deplorable really....I had a moan the other day about beginners chases being a terrible education for horses so when a chance like this comes up..well..if I had a half decent horse I'd be running him. Ok, I know there is probably the obvious concern that in the long term it may not to do his handicap mark any favours but it would be a good education and a very good chance of prizemoney

Tomorrow....

Tranquil Sea should go close at his best but there has to be a worry about the stable form plus drying ground is not going to suit him. Bellamy Cay looks good on paper but he has run desperately for Weld on the flat so far.

In the juvenile hurdle I think Temlett will relish the ground while Barcardero has looked the type to win a handicap (13.50) and should appreciate the drop from 3 miles.

Really like Perce Rock...small field and 2 miles should suit him well. Skys The Limit is the best horse in the race but over 2miles? Scotsirish could be the dark horse.

Best bet is Glenfinn Captain in the 15.00. Eye catching run last time but should really appreciate this better ground.

No Irish commentator has the wit or brilliance of Ch 4's DT.
They seem to be more interested in the horses.

:xmastree: :xmastree: :xmastree:

On a serious note--this is Skys the Limit's Arkle trial and if he is not quick enough he will not go to to the mecca and will wait for the PP @ Fairyhouse 2 weeks later--it is worth a few quid!!

12.20 Hard to have too much of a strong opinion. Bellamy Cay something of a wild card, variety of form lines running through the rest with different levels of reliability

12.50 Again not sure if this is worth getting cut into. Deserved favourite but at 6/4 I'm not sure if its a betting proposition with a fair few newcomers and ex point to point sorts. Would be conscious of Moore's team in this.

1.20: This race could throw up anything so would only be having a small bet but Maca Rince was a very impressive winner the last day. Yes, she gets allowances and has a fair few runs under her belt which can be off putting in an early season Grade 1 but she's a fair each way shout.

1.50: Potential minefield but there's got to be a good thing or two in there that could win this and get into the Pierse with a penalty [if I'm right on the timin] Hot Port doesn't have an entry in that though but won over course and distance last year so merits respect. Shazand does and has a reasonable profile to be competitive. Was good last day so gets the vote and if he's 11/2 is worth the place market as well. God knows what the Martin/Carberry axis could have though.

2.25: A race to watch with interest but not get involved in. Hopefully we see a good horse emerge from it and Perce Rock is least exposed.

3.00: Always like to have a bet in this race although it's a funny one this year with Glenfinn in there. You'd like to think he would be good enough, but Kranji is very interesting, Clew Bay Cove has abilty while Publican and Pom Flyer are capable on their day. No firm opinions but will have a few quid on Kranji

3.35: We'll bow to the knowledge of An Capall here

SO, Maca Rince, Shazand and Kranji would be my each way treble!

Really tricky card at Leopardstown..

Decent novice chase down at Limerick.. probably a watching brief though I might chance a few quid on Albanov..

What a bizarre ride from Russell on Bellamy Cay...cruising and decided to tuck him in behind horses of the turn in.

Not convinced there was that much left in the locker as it appeared Gal....strange ride agreed but wouldn't have won in any circumstances I don't think.

Not a bad debut for The Ethiopian, although going by his price something like that was expected?

The best novice chaser in action in Ireland today was Freds Benefit......look at what he did to Lenrey last time

Was jumping them ragged at Limerick....and the fall was his first mistake.

I thought Freds Benefit was just begining to tire a little and there was a long way to go.

Cannot have Skys The Limit for the Arkle.

Ta Gal, alas the other part of the trio ran a stinker...

Maybe I read his form wrong the last day with his light weight and maybe she just revelled in the ground that day compared to others but considering she beat Harper Valley quite well..and that guy went onto win at Cheltenham beating Franchoek....who obviously beat One In the Dark well before...well I woulda thought Maca mighta finished closer rather than being well, well beaten. Then again, these early season juveniles are a market I don't enjoy that much and should probably steer clear of in future.

Back