Lets turn €1000 into €50 before end of October

Soary Stars

At the Start
The rules:
the selection (only in horse races) has to be in the first 5 in the SP market (or RP forecast SPs)
the maximum bet is 5% of the bank
races must have a minimum of 9 runners.

You can play to lose, if you like ... whatever that means!

Last edited:
We're turning into the Betfair forum. Did we really need a second thread? Not all the members on here are degenerate gamblers.

Agree with the SR & average price ... I'll trust your 20 days estimate, too.

Now, can you reverse that and get from 50 to 1,000? :)

Agree with the SR & average price ... I'll trust your 20 days estimate, too.

Now, can you reverse that and get from 50 to 1,000? :)

Nope. But knowing how to lose it is a good way of making sure you don't. To which end this thread is a marvellous idea.

I will add backing any unraced 2yo which the Newmarket hounds are baying the name of against horses with a reasonable run under their belt to my ways to lose money.

Then there is Mark Twains standby - "there are two times when a man should not bet in handicaps - when he can't afford to lose the money, and when he can."

So, let me ask, if handicaps are ruled out, then this means seriously trying to make money from betting?
Sounds obvious I know, but many like the "ooh what a winner" & "ooh what a nearly-winner" that go with the ups and downs of handicap betting & prices.
Ok, it's a wonky area with unknown 'stuff' going on by the trainers.

Would you also exclude non-handicap races where most runners are those whose form is largely from handicaps? 'Polluted Stakes' we could call them! :)

lol - I haven't assessed these factors in many years (for dating purposes - Yalaitanee came 4th in his first run during the period I was looking at) but you would be quite correct in including sellers, claimers and low grade conditions races.

Back