Lingfield Off

stodge

At the Start
In case anyone hasn't heard, today's AW card at Lingfield has been abandoned due to snow.

Kempton are having a second inspection at 10am for their twilight meeting. It sounds quite optimistic but there may be problems getting to and from the track as I understand snow has been quite bad in that part of Surrey.

Tomorrow's mixed AW Flat and Bumper card at Lingfield has to survive an inspection though again there are optimistic sounds coming from the course.

Friday's turf cards at Bangor and Fontwell have fallen and I can't see a lot of hope for Wincanton on Saturday.

The problem is one of accessibility as you say. Lingfield has abandoned for that reason and Kempton has the same problem. I don't even think the trains are running down the line to Kempton but I can't confirm that.

The A3 and M25 won't be fun especially if more snow falls.

Wolverhampton has 4" of snow on the track so Friday looks uncertain.

Ffos Las are making confident noises but there's a lot to get through before Saturday.

Ffos Las is in a good position geographically in that it's about as far West as you can get in the British Isles - there's been plenty of snow at my girlfriend's parents house in Worcestershire but even that is 100+ miles from the Wales coast.

Came down pretty thick here in Brighton in the space of 4 hours yesterday evening so Lingfield isn't a surprise - it's ok getting the track sorted but the rest of the stands, parade ring, roads etc. wouldn't be safe.

It's okay getting the track sorted, but a piss to windward if the horses can't get there!

Ridiculous: Kempton have now decided on a third inspection at noon. Either staff are coming in, or they're not. Either horses are there, or they're not able to get there. Either your grounds are safe for the public to walk around, or they're not. It really can't take three look-sees to determine.

Last edited:
Kempton Off

Kempton have abandoned today's meeting due to problems getting to the course following snow.

Tomorrow's mixed Lingfield card (three Flat races and three Bumpers) is dependent on a precautionary inspection at 6.30am.

On the turf front, it's looking bad apart from Ffos Las with the meetings at Wincanton and Sedgefield on Saturday and Hereford on Sunday already lost.

Not sure about prospects in Ireland at this time.

Back