Listen ?

milo

At the Start
Drifting big time in the 1000G betting, last matched at 9-1 on Betfair, and no money waiting to be matched.

from the RP site :

LISTEN, who has been disputing favouritism for the Stanjamesuk.com 1,000 Guineas, will miss the Newmarket Classic because of a setback and, according to trainer Aidan O'Brien, the daughter of Sadler's Wells is "unlikely" to make the Juddmonte Oaks for which she has been outright favourite.

The filly was slightly stiff when setting off on a canter on Monday morning and after being examined by vet John Halley the decision was taken to give her a month off.

O'Brien said: "That means she will miss the 1,000 Guineas and, as she won't be going to Newmarket, it is unlikely that she will make the Oaks. Hopefully, we will have her back for the second half of the season."

That's a shame as I thought she might have been the best three year old at Balydoyle. It would be nice to get an explanation as to the extent of her injury but that info is rarely ever given to the public.

Hope she makes it back to the track but I would not be surprised if we never see her again as she is a G1 winner and connections have others in the yard.

Must be sick for anti post players.

The vibes have not been great about her in the last few weeks and she was not strong in the betting in comparison to a few of her stablemates. A shame none the less.

Originally posted by Galileo@Apr 8 2008, 08:17 AM
The vibes have not been great about her in the last few weeks and she was not strong in the betting in comparison to a few of her stablemates. A shame none the less.
Exactly. Yet Ballydoyle release a statement which suggests the injury was picked up yesterday despite the fact that Kitty Matcham and Psalm have been having their odds trimmed for the last fortnight for the Guineas.

I don't think she drifted that much. Just not particularly strong....she did work out at the Curragh last Sunday.

Ladbrokes were stand alone biggest price about her for the last 2 weeks (7/1) until some of the internet firms joined them about 3 days ago.

Originally posted by clivex@Apr 8 2008, 03:05 PM
Hmmmm... Ladbrokes again :suspect:

But maybe she simply hasnt trained on that well
I think that or the fact she simply has not come to hand yet were the vibes earlier this week and before then.

Back