Live TV Verbal Gaffe's

icebreaker

At the Start
One of them this morning on Sky News that amused me. Around 7.45 am.

Eamonn Holmes is reviewing the morning papers with the panel. The talk moves to the Moyes situation. Somebody mentions tha Roy Keane might come in as number 2 to Van Gaal at Man U.
Holmes comments that "But Roy Keane is a leader -- he doesn't do "Number Two's" very well".
It takes Holmes just one second to recognised what he has said, and he gives a weak self-conscious smile.
One of the panellists makes a quick aside -- "Why, is he constipated or summat".
The show cuts to adverts straight away. :)

Any other live bloopers you have come across recently?

Not on TV but this one happened to me on Tuesday.

Tuesday is the 'crossover' [if I can put it that way] day at work with my colleague. I do Mon/Tue, she does Tue-Thu so we need to keep informing each other about what we're doing with our groups.

We'd spent a good ten minutes discussing things and went our separate ways. Shortly after, she came back and said, '"Just a quick one, Maurice..."

I did well to keep a straight face. I was tempted to say, "Steady on, lass, we hardly know each other," but we've literally only worked together about 6 days so she doesn't know my sense of humour and I didn't want to leave myself open to charges of harassment!

Back