Looking ahead

Outsider

Journeyman
Tomorrow I have had a little bet on
HURRICANE HIGHWAY 1240FL 14/1 Bet 365
I'm always wary of novice hurdles and who is trying and who is looking for a hcap mark.if this horse runs well without being thereabouts then hes worth following in hcaps.....1st 16/1.

EMPIRE STEEL 135 W 10/1Rowland Merrick.
This is a horse that is capable and I thought they ruined his hcap mark last year for peanuts.im hoping this year they will make up for lost time.

STATTLER 9/2 in the Saville chase 220L on the 28th.
Won the NH chase at last years festival and if he is a genuine gold cup horse it would need to run well in this.

MUSICAL SLAVE welsh national 25/1 skybet
2nd to Hewick in last years bet365 gold cup so I would like to think he should run well in this at a value price.
I must admit the favourite does look good.,trained by Venetia.

L'HOMME PRESSE 2/1 king george
Bravesmansgame is probably the one to beat but LHP is the one I'm siding with

MERRY CHRISTMAS to all that take the trouble to read my ramblings.

Yup, lovely kick-off, mate. Get in.

Happy Christmas, all.

You know I'm a big fan and I won't be forgetting Shan Blue's run in the Charlie Hall last term when he had the race in pocket. Short price, probably, but how could I not back him?

The terms for the Roland Meyrick look favourable to me and I'll be on if he runs, mate.

Thanks all.

I must say I'm extremely disappointed (and that's putting it mildly)that EMPIRE STEEL has been taken out of the Rowland Merrick.
In last years race it fell when looking like the winner.
A couple of times last season they took it out of big races at the last moment.

Early one for monday
TORONTO 2.38 Winc 25/1 bet365 5 places.

I thought he travelled well in a stronger race at Cheltenham and another unplaced effort since means a 10lb lower mark.won over c/d earlier in year.

Some more for monday.

WHATSUPWITHYOU 340K 20/1 this horse finished 4th in the martin pipe behind Galopin des champs off 130.hasnt been running badly and the kid on board has won over the c/d and it's off 120 and a 7lb claim so 20s looks a nice price.

HESBEHINDYOU 1205H 7/1 ran on for 2nd last time.last 3 runs were 2m,2m 3f,2m5f and now steps up to 3m.

CALLISTO KING 105 MR 9/2 ran well last time and must have a chance.

Now Christmas day is almost over we can look forward to some good racing.

The Rowland Merrick looks a good race and Yoricks Shan Blue looks to be the one to beat.ive already lost on Empire Steel so I've going for 2.
FANIONS D'ESTRUVAL 10/1
TOP VILLE BEN 20/1

fanions is the class horse but the distance is a bit of an unknown but Venitia obviously thinks it will stay as its last race was the Hennessey.Lucy Turner is a capable jockey with a 5lb claim.
TOP VILLE BEN finished 3rd last year and is 6lb lower this year.had a hurdles run to get him ready after its run in the national.ive got a bit of a soft spot for this horse which probably sways my thinking.

In the Welsh national I'm adding a longshot to my previous selection.
I am aware that Quick Wave of Vanetias looks good and I know D.O likes this a lot.
TRUCKERS LODGE 25/1
he seems to run in the same races every
He finished 2nd in 2019 off 139
2020 7th off 155
2021 3rd off 150

This year hes off 141 less Freddy Gingells 7lb claim.so I think he can give me a good run for my money.

Back