Looking forward to the week ahead.

Outsider

Journeyman
No horse has ever won a top hcap in Ireland off a mark of 163 so it's a big ask for HEWICK tomorrow.
But I'm of the opinion that hes a special horse.hasnt had many chase starts,is only 7 so I'm going to back him again as 8/1 6 places is a decent price.ive done it at 50/1 for the gold cup.

I have to back AMBER DEW 800S 14/1 I put this up before and it disappointed but this looks easier.

GATECRASHER GIRL 8/1 403R back to a mark 1lb above its last winning one and a smaller field could see a return to form.

On saturday it's the Cambridgeshire and I'm hoping Bin Saroor can repeat last years win (Bedouins story) with BRILLIANT LIGHT 40/1
I put this up and took 50/1 and 40s on the a/p thread along with PROTAGANIST 25/1
When protaganist won last time DUAL IDENTITY came from last to 2nd so I took 25/1 and now they are both around 10s.
I've added another ARQOOB 66/1 and I cant understand why it's so big.its form ties in with protaganist and brilliant light and is too big at that price.

It's the irish cesarewitch at the weekend and with the prize money on offer then its probably a Willie Mullins benefit day.
Theres 3 english runners I've got my eye on and I'm waiting to see 8f they run.
Frankenstella
Cemhaan
Inchicore.

More later.

In the 200 Limerick one of my alerts was running but was running against an odds on favourite which had beaten it easily last time.
Backed from 14s into 15/2 and never put into the race.made late headway and slowed down to jump the 2nd last and to my surprise it ran on and finished 4th.
One for hcaps methinks.
FROM THE ASHES.

I feel sorry for HEWICK he didnt deserve that.what a cracking race it ran.at least both horse and jockey were ok and my wallet will recover,just a big dent in it.

SIR ALLEN 345L 14/1 ran on well at galway then dropped to 10f back up to 12f tomorrow and will suit better especially if theres some give in the ground.

Some good hcaps on saturday and some decisions to make especially in the haydock
3rd race as I have 6 of my horses running in it.

In the 205 I have to do YOUNG FIRE 33/1 well hcapped and if they have a drop of rain even better.33/1 to me is Massive.

More later.

MASTER MATT 355C 20/1 w.hill are the only one with prices.i think that is way overpriced.just my opinion.
I hope bet365 or betfair go the same as young fire is only 22/1 with hills.for an ew dble.

YOUNG FIRE blue across the board.14s now with bet365.

I've just had a look at the final decs for the Irish cesarewitch and see Danny Tudhope is riding Marb's Lot of love.
I watched the replay of its last run and I have backed WHISKY SOUR 40/1.
Whisky was miles behind but and was given far too much to do.
A 9 yr old so wont have too many chances in the future.

Not long for me to wait now.im really looking forward to tomorrow,I'm like a kid at christmas.ive done a few in the Cambridgeshire my main one 8s BRILLIANT LIGHT and my back up bets of ARQOOB 66/1 I said it was too big,now 14s,PROTAGONIST 25/1 now 8/1,Dual identity 25/1 now about 12s and I've joined DO with BELL ROCK 16/1
Both him and lucander are running in it for the 3rd time.Bell rock ran off 103 and last year off higher and had a bad draw.this year off 97 with a 5lb claimer on and a good draw
I've done MASTER MATT 355c 20/1 would have preferred a higher draw but it should give me run for my money.
205h YOUNG FIRE 33/1 best price now is 16/1.good/soft going is just right.
Ihas been running well overall this season and now has it's going.
240h what a cracking sprint with 6 of my horses running in it.
I've done 3 stone of destiny, burning cash and my main one is NOMADIC EMPIRE 10/1
Danny Tudhope rides Alligator alley but I'm happy with Martin Harley.
Nomadic is well hcapped and hopefully will finally oblige.
In the 315h
DANCINGINTHEWOODS 15/2 has been frustrating but has a chance but I like
ANOTHER INVESTMENT 12/1 finished 2nd in a race that's worked out and its 6th last time was a good race and i think theres more to come from it.
BADRI 633 Chelmsford 5/1
Has been doing well and got put up 8lb and ran in the racing league last time and was a real eyecatcher.in the racing results it said waiting for room for over 2 furlongs and finished on the bridle.
FRANKENSTELLA runs at chester tomorrow in a £50000 race instead of a trip to ireland.11/2 I think Yorick will tell you more about it as it's one of his.

Let's hope somebody makes a profit tomorrow.
Good luck.

Dunno why Stone of Destiny was withdrawn. Price had tumbled to 8/1 from 16/1 overnight. Maybe they couldn’t get their money down :)

Well,a bit of an up and down day.
Young fire 3rd 33/1 taken was a nice profit and so was Nomadic empire 3rd but I am of the opinion that neither were off.Tudhope seem to wait until he couldnt win before he went for maximum effort.they are both well hcapped.
Another investment was beaten by the draw.finished 7th from stall 1 and first 6 were all high.
Badri,frankenstella and master matt were disappointing but master matt wasnt very well drawn.
I did ok in the Cambridgeshire as I had 2nd and 3rd and had also had a bet on the 4th but only 40/1
Brilliant light was my big bet and almost got me a return being only beaten a couple of heads and a nose for 6th.

And now for a bit of AFTERTIMING
I'd like to tell you a story.if you are sitting comfortably then I will begin.
When my alerts came through last night they included one at the curragh called FRENCH RESCUE so I had a quick look and bet365 were 33s but skybet were 66s so I had a pound ew and then forgot about it.
I was half watching the racing at 430 and I heard its name so looked at bet365 and it had drifted to 150/1 the race started and betting in running was 100/1 so I pressed the buttons and my dodgy signal it wouldnt go through so I had to sit and watch it win at 80/1.
Skybet rule 4 deduct 25p in the pound (bet365 20p)
So my 66/1 became 50/1 I'm happy but feel robbed.

I have done WHISKEY SOUR 50/1 7 places in the irish cesarewitch.
Last time he was well adrift all the way and then finished ok maybe only beating beaten horses but he finished 8th.
The winner was impressive though and lots of joy was a good 4th.

Shouldn’t be too hard on Tudhope, Steve, Nomadic Empire was knocked awry early on and took some time to get balanced again.

Shortly after leaving the stalls SOUND REASON, unplaced, shifted marginally right-handed giving a bump to BURNING CASH (IRE), unplaced, turning that gelding’s quarters and causing BURNING CASH (IRE) to in turn shift left-handed which tightened up SOUND REASON onto NOMADIC EMPIRE (IRE), placed third, which was badly hampered between runners after VENTURA FLAME, unplaced, had also been carried right-handed by ISLE OF LISMORE, placed fourth, from the inside. After viewing a recording of the incident, it was found that no riding offence was involved.

It wasnt drawn well either and hes still of interest Bj and so is Burning cash who also was hampered.

Back