Lord Shanakill

The course is low lying and very flat, so although the drainage is much improved, once they've had a bit of rain it does get into the ground. One thing is, that the Clerk does call the gorund correctly, almost always.

It will detract from the value of the races as form though, if it comes up soft tomorrow. I know the speed boys make all kinds of adjustments, but they can't assess wherther a colt/filly is prepared to do its best on ground it doesn't like - some will, some won't

I like Shaweel a lot. Backed him in the Dewhurst but like Mastercraftsman his run in the National Stakes may have bottomed him. Still ran ok at Newmarket but would have won if at his best. I make him a bet today at anything over 3/1

I also like Shaweel (not that you'd ever guess:p) - think he should handle the ground ok today although probably doesn't need it too soft. Just hoping that Dettori rides him properly as the horse seems to like being up near the pace. He's run his best races when hitting the front quite early rather than coming from behind. Looks like Finjaan withdrawn?

Oh my god. Tell me that Channel 4 are not missing the build up to this race to talk the connections of some 4m plodder.

Oh my god. Tell me that Channel 4 are not missing the build up to this race to talk the connections of some 4m plodder.

They did. But according to Thommo Gone to Lunch had brilliant form earlier in the year. The claimer who rode Chiaro is also brilliant and the roar from the crowd when the race started was gonna be heard throughout the UK. So, y`know stop moaning.

Back