Mad Max

Shadow Leader

At the Start
Mad Max won the bumper at Newbury very impressively today. He was a really likeable sort and his turn of foot when galloping away from his rivals boded well for a decent future. Similar to a lot of Nicky's bumper horses his physique resembled one who will excel over fences but there was a lot to like about him and the speed and ease of travel he showed today indicates there is plenty more to come and he should also win some nice prizes over timber prior to going chasing.

Don't worry - I won't bother putting up horses I think are worth following in future then! It's not as though I ever put up anything that goes onto win - oh, hang on, will I then be accused of aftertiming if I don't tell you of one I like so you can all ridicule it before it goes on to win?!?!

Carry on then fellas......

Bugger, it's her ball and she doesn't want to play any more................what are we going to do now?................what are we going to do now ?(repeated several times in a strong scouse accent). :shy:

Shads, someone who takes the "talking newspaper" version of the Post could have spotted the potential in Mad Max.

But Made In Japan that was something else.................You Are Legend, my love.

Colin, get a life. Or an opinion, or something to say other than shite-stirring and p*ss-taking, please. Some worthwhile contribution might be helpful.

:laughing: Don't worry about it Dom, I'm sure it's in good spirit. Though I must admit it was one of the first things that flashed through my mind as soon as I read the opening post. Oh dear I thought, someone's bound to say something, and she won't take it very well

"Colin, get a life. Or an opinion, or something to say other than shite-stirring and p*ss-taking, please. Some worthwhile contribution might be helpful."

Duplicate post.

I didn't see the race, but when looking down the runners this morning I noted Mad Max as of interest as I remember photographing the dam on several occasions in the late nineties "Caroles Crusader". She was a fair staying chaser for David Gandolfo, pale chestnut with a white splodge on her face, and yes, big enough!

Did it look like her ?

Can't remember the facial markings, fairly light bay, well built but athletic. Plenty of frame to fill out into, nice height, not especially stocky. He displayed a nice turn of foot when asked to go about his business and always looked like the easy winner, which he was in the end.

I actually agree with SL, was very impressed by Mad Max and loved the way he just cruised round and then picked up in taking style when Fitzy asked him to go and win his race.

The bumper division looks open this season but I've been figuring alot of bumpers far too high, which to me makes me wonder, is there alot of good or is it, there a close enough bunch but times are getting quicker.

I'm waiting to see how Decibel runs next time and he is a horse who has been spoken highly of.

Back