Magnet Cup

betsmate

At the Start
After a bright start it has been wet up here again so no surprise to see Mutajarred strengthening at the top the market.

Other alternatives? Proponent?

One at a massive price - rank outsider - 66/1 is Fight Club.

If you take anything faster than good out of his form then I wouldn't make him that price.

Fight Club is a non-runner and it's becoming increasingly difficult to see past Mutajarred.

The only one that I keep looking back at is Championship Point. His form has definitely taken a turn for the better since they switched to front-running tactics, and it is difficult to come from behind at York normally, notwithstanding today's ground. This is his trip, he's won off just a pound less and has a touch of class.

Concerns are the heavy ground (plenty of form GS thru VSFT) but failed the only time encountered it this bad at the Curragh and lugging top weight. 25/1 reflects his chances and I might try a speculative E/W.

The very soft ground and long straight put me off any notion of backing him to win, but Championship Point has very good place claims. Especially with all the non-runners.

Held up, plum last on heavy ground at York? Whichever of the trainer/jockey combination came up with that plan wants shooting.

Darryll Holland is and always will be one of the worst jockeys in the world. But he didn`t like the ground - being by Lomitas i thought he might.

Indeed Rory! He was over here in Ireland for years, in Grassicks yard....clearly picked up a thing or two!

Cracking effort from the mare. A sign of how far she's come in 12 months considering she was a close second last year from a 17 lb lower mark. The jockey's claim (excellent value) and way things panned out make me wonder if she's quite as good as this suggests, but she certainly earned her chance in pattern company against her own sex. Fahey has a couple of tough and likeable mares in the shape of her and Anna Pavlova.

Back