Major Cadeaux?

EC1

On a break
they are running him over 6f in the 2.40 at Hamilton?

looks a sure fire lay..yes he is the best horse in the race overall but thats a big drop from 8 to 6...for a horse that is conditioned to run further

anyone fancy backing him at 6/4 in this?

I would rather back City Dancer at 7/1 - 8/1 ish

Last edited:
Depends how he is ridden, if handy he'll be hard to beat. On my tissue I made him 8/13, therefore at 6/4 I must back him.

will he have the pace to race handy though Flame?..yes I know what you are saying but I can see being outpaced..he has been off a while as well

i know horses do drop back..but he has been on the go at further for a good while..its another Paco Boy job to me..obviously a damn sight less oppo..but training a horse to run a mile after stepping up from 7 isn't the best way to drop them back to 6 imo

I would rather back against him here

The market certainly told the tale of the race. Sad to see them race Major Cadeaux, a group 1 horse struggling in a conditions race against horses 20lb inferior to him.

The drop back to 6f can't be blamed either, he was handy throughout and was level if not in front 300m out.

If your training or owning a horse like that and you can see it's gone (the betting suggested that), then why run, really just don't understand. A 70 horse close up in 4th, a real disappointing sight to see that for me.

Horses which are taken away from the Hannon yard to run elsewhere (cf Fat Boy and others) rarely if ever even keep their form let alone improve! If a horse starts to put in poor runs at the Hannons there is always a reason, I'd say some physical problem.

The horse was sold from Hannon's with the idea of him standing as a stallion after suffering a serious leg injury.

Fat Boy seems a strange example to use, his form when second in the Free Handicap and when winning 2 listed races was better than what he did at 2 wasn't it?

Back